ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

facebook links

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/14/09 10:49 AM Views: 1955 Replies: 11
Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 10:49 AM

When I post a link to our page on Facebook, a nice pop-up appears with information about our site. Problem is, the icon that is coming with it is a birthday cake. I'd prefer our class logo. Have I done something wrong? http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?sid=4810b3281b6a776747908a97faabc22a&id=1571283438&ref=search

Also please note how everything in the second line is run together. I've been having trouble with that first paragraph since I right and left justified it. On the homepage it shows up with far too many spaces. On Facebook there's not enough spaces. Suggestions?

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 3:22 PM - Response #1

Your Youtube video was about 10 pixels too wide for the space you were inserting it. Thus Firefox bumps it down a bit. I just decreased the width by 10 pixels and you're all set.

Regarding your Facebook question, I'm not sure why Facebook pulls certain images or if that can be controlled or not. If it can it's something that would have to be set on that end. Maybe another Facebook user here may have an answer.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 3:25 PM - Response #2

Hi..On facebook click the birthday cake and it should come up with a box which will allow you to change it to your school logo. Hope this helps. Goodluck!

Brenna

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM - Response #3

Yes, when you post the link on FB you should get a box that appears with a pic and arrows to change the picture to what you want (I think it pulls 4 different pictures from your home page) and you can change it. I have posted many links to classmates via FB this way and have never had an issue.

Good luck!

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 3:35 PM - Response #4

Brenna it was right there, with 9 different options!! Thank you for pointing out the obvious!!!

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 3:45 PM - Response #5

Brad I'm not using Firefox. I tried it after you suggested, and never could get it to run properly, so I'm back to using IE 8 (I also tried to downgrade to IE 7 but could not find a way to do that either). The Google Analytics I ran said over 90% of my users use IE, so I decided to try to work around problems I'm having. LOL...the problem just tuckered me out!

So regarding that first paragraph on my homepage, I'm still seeing it all spread out on this site, and all scrunched on Facebook. Maybe I need to make the Youtube box even smaller? I don't understand why this would only effect the first paragraph.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 5:11 PM - Response #6

Oh I see what you mean. You had your first paragraph's alignment set to "justify". I removed the justify and it should be normal now.

Sunday, May 17, 2009 at 11:12 AM - Response #7

How does one go about posting a link in facebook to our class site? I'm new at this and don't do much with facebook even though i'm on there. thanks
faye

Tuesday, October 7, 2014 at 9:56 AM - Response #8

Ok, I'm still showing very old photos on my facebook posts...it's not showing any new pictures...I have arrows to change it, but only old photos as an option. Any ideas?

Wednesday, October 8, 2014 at 1:43 PM - Response #9

Showing very old photos on what specific Facebook posts? You mean posts on Class Connection and not posts on Facebook itself correct? Can you point me to a specific location that's showing old photos? Any photos you've ever uploaded to Facebook (or directly to Class Connection) should be available to you.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 9:30 AM - Response #10

When I post: www.chsclass89.com to facebook, it comes up with a picture or two, and I can use the arrow key to change it, but there are only three pictures, and all of them are old...none of them are from the current homepage.

Thursday, October 9, 2014 at 3:10 PM - Response #11

Interesting. Unfortunately that's all native Facebook though. Why they're allowing you to select from older photos I have no idea. Maybe they cache them for awhile. My guess is you might see this update at some point in the future but that's about all I know about this.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.