ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Thanks for the In Memory Feature that Retains the Profile of the Recently Deceased

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/14/09 10:21 AM Views: 1373 Replies: 4
Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 10:21 AM

I am an administrator on the Class of 1960 site. They had a classmate who had joined the site shortly after it was originated in November 2008 pass away yesterday. This is the first time this has happened. It was so nice to see that the profile information he had entered was accessible from the In Memory page. Very tastefully done. You guys are a class act.

Thursday, May 14, 2009 at 3:24 PM - Response #1

Thank you very much. Smile

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 11:07 AM - Response #2

I guess I'm missing something. Where's this feature turned on?

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 11:21 AM - Response #3

If there was a Profile for an active Classmate, and then you mark that Classmate as deceased, the link to the last known Profile is automatically created for you. You can also go into the Edit area for the Classmate inside the In Memeory area, where you can toggle the link to the last known Profile on or off.

Friday, May 15, 2009 at 11:22 AM - Response #4

It isn't turned on. It's the way the software is programmed. A classmate who has joined the site passes. The administrator places that classmate in the In Memory section. A link to the profile is created and placed at the bottom of the classmate's In Memory page. I believe that earlier on in the development of Class Creator the profile information was lost. Now it's not. A very nice touch.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.