ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

New Classmates not on Admin Statistics?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/12/10 03:19 AM Views: 1579 Replies: 8
Friday, November 12, 2010 at 3:19 AM

Just a quick & curious question - when 3 new classmates joined my site today, they weren't captured as part of the crowd that "logged on" in the Admin Statistics for the day -- is that part of the design for Admin Statistics? Thanks, Elaine

Friday, November 12, 2010 at 7:15 PM - Response #1

Will run this past Programming Monday. I'm not sure if we treat the time the Classmate first joins as an "official log in" or not. From what you've stated it sounds like we don't. It may be their next log in after that where the count begins. If we don't currently maybe we can change it to treat a new signup as the first log in as well, I'll find out.

Friday, November 12, 2010 at 7:29 PM - Response #2

Looks to me like new signups are not treated as a log in until their second log in....I guess the question is - is there a reason for it to be and is it worth it to change it? There is an asterisk note at the bottom of the page that I just now saw that says "Classmate activity is determined by the number of registered users who accessed the site while logged in during each day." So I guess if they haven't signed up yet, they aren't officially registered so not part of the statistics yet. I'm sure there's some good reason behind that....

Edited 11/12/10 7:30 PM
Friday, November 12, 2010 at 7:33 PM - Response #3

If they do sign up that day, you'd think their first official login would be that day. I see no reason to start counting from the second login. Is it a huge deal, no, but in the interest of having it be correct I'd rather the day of signup also be the day of first listed login.

Friday, November 12, 2010 at 7:43 PM - Response #4

Well, yes, it would be more accurate, wouldn't it? Let me know what happens!

Friday, November 12, 2010 at 7:44 PM - Response #5

May be awhile before Programming can look at this one.

Friday, November 12, 2010 at 9:52 PM - Response #6

I find the same thing happens when a new site admin joins these forums. Their first post shows --0-- (zero) and then after their second post, the number catches up and reports a number --2-- (I've added the double hyphens for for emphasis.)

I always thought it was a little odd, but then who cares anyway. Brad & staff no longer have their posts counted.

Friday, November 12, 2010 at 10:17 PM - Response #7

I had to have my post # removed so it wouldn't look like I'm glued to the computer. Smile

Friday, November 12, 2010 at 10:33 PM - Response #8

Brad Switzer wrote:

I had to have my post # removed so it wouldn't look like I'm glued to the computer. Smile

"LOOK" being the keyword.

We all know you ARE glued to your Blackberry.

We love you Brad.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.