ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Emailing the Class

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/25/09 01:54 PM Views: 1665 Replies: 12
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 1:54 PM

Is there a way for a class administrator to email the class but not have the email show as coming from your personal email address but rather show as coming from administrator@classcreator.com, or something of that sort? I thought that I remembered seeing a forum topic about this subject in the past few months. Is this possible? Thanks.

Pam Murray

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 3:54 PM - Response #1

Yes. Just click your Preferences link and set your master Site Email Address to be whatever you want.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 7:49 PM - Response #2

Thanks, Brad. Have a wonderful evening.

Pam

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 9:45 PM - Response #3

Brad,

I can't find "Preferences". Is this viewed only by the Root Administrator? If not, where is it? I am an administrator but not the Root.

Thanks.

Pam

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 10:43 PM - Response #4

Yes, the Preferences area is a root admin only feature. We consider things there to be a higher level of control, not to mention you can actually change who the root admin is from there, so we don't allow non roots into that area. But, you can ask your root to make that change for you.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 6:54 AM - Response #5

Brad, one more question- you're not surprised, are you?

I will request from our root admin that he change the Preferences to read something like Class Administrator@...

When this has been done, and I need to send out a class email, will the new wording be shown in the "From" on the emails? or does the class email have to be sent out from the root administrator to show the new wording?

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:39 AM - Response #6

The FROM name will use the Site Email Address in Preferences regardless of who the sending Administrator is. So yes, even if you send the email and you are not root, the FROM name is going to be whatever the root admin has specified in Preferences.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 12:30 PM - Response #7

Great! That will work perfectly. Thanks.

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 2:18 PM - Response #8

On the same topic, is there a record somewhere on our sites of emails we have sent to the class, like an outgoing or "sent" file? It would be nice if they were kept so we could refer back to them when composing our next ones. That way I wouldn't have to go in and out of my personal email and create a file for saving them.

Just wondering...?
Sue

Monday, April 20, 2009 at 3:07 PM - Response #9

We're working on threaded email right now that will included sent messages sent through the system for communication between classmates.

If you are referring to the email the class sent messages I believe that is on the list as a separate item. I'll check to see if that is planned to launch along with threaded email.

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 7:54 AM - Response #10

Morning Brad. Just wondering if the SENT file ever came to be. I just sent an email to some of the class and wanted to remember what I sent! LOL.. Did that little experiment ever come to be yet?! Thanks! Cindy

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 8:11 AM - Response #11

And sorry.. One more question. We are having mini reunions in the town that our high school is in. However, I dont want to have to email the whole state. Can you add to your list,.of many I am sure. a way to click on the state, then filter the towns that people have registered on the site, to send to? Like.. California, then those in San Francisco ONLY? thanks..

Saturday, January 23, 2010 at 12:44 PM - Response #12

Several new features are coming when we get back to the group of tasks for that part of the system. In the meantime, a proposed workaround is download you class list and then sort it by city. There you can easily get a grouping of names from a particular city. Now under your Email The Class feature just select those names. An automated way of doing this would be far cooler of course, but this is a pretty easy workarond for the moment.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.