ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Out of Memory at Line 8

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/17/11 07:11 PM Views: 1615 Replies: 8
Friday, June 17, 2011 at 7:11 PM

I've been resizing photos in "The Chicago Guide" and have received the Out of Memory at Line X several times. No photo is larger than 500 in width.

The error message seems to occur if I don't save after 3 or 4 pictures. If I forget and resize more, I get the message. Is it telling me it can only handle so many photos at a time or is something else happening?

Thanks, Carole

Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 1:09 PM - Response #1

It would be helpful if you send us a screenshot of the problem. Here's how to do that:

While looking at the problem press your print-screen key on your keyboard. The print-screen key is often labeled something such as "prt sc". Pressing this key copies a picture of your entire screen to your computer's memory (often referred to as the clipboard).

Next open up Microsoft Word or any graphics program such as Windows Paint or Adobe Photoshop. Press control-v on your keyboard to paste the image of your screen, or alternatively click Edit, Paste from the menus at the top of your screen.

Finally save this image as a JPG file and then attach the file here. Once we see the image of your screen we will better understand the problem and can propose a solution. Thanks!

Friday, July 15, 2011 at 12:52 PM - Response #2

Hi Brad!
I replied to this email last week and wondered if you received it. Plase check.

Thanks,
Carole

Friday, July 15, 2011 at 12:59 PM - Response #3

Carole,

There is an ATTACH FILE and BROWSE button below this forum message when you are editing it. If you attach it here then others can see your problem and suggest solutions.

Please attach your graphic here.

Kyle

Friday, July 15, 2011 at 2:01 PM - Response #4

I sent a long message to Brad last week about the problems I am having with this page. I did not attach a graphic because all I could get was a black screen. I was checking to see if he had that message.

Carole

Monday, July 18, 2011 at 12:12 PM - Response #5

Carole - Brad has been out of the office. If you can please send the attachment here with this thread, wither Kyle or I can take a look.

Scott

Monday, July 18, 2011 at 1:03 PM - Response #6

I sent the following to Brad last week. It outlines all the problems I've been having. I did NOT include an attachment because the print screen was totally black each time I tried to capture an image.
Thanks for taking a look at my mess!

When you first responded to my problem, I tried the print-screen procedure as you suggested and got a totally black screen each time. I did this several times before I gave up because lots of other things were happening.

1. Text or photos would disappear to the bottom.
2. I could not move down the screen by pressing enter. It would either refuse to move at all or jump to the beginning. Hitting shift + enter would move it down part way some of the time.
3. Lines would be aligned left one minute and would change if I followed with a picture that I wanted centered.
4. AOL would die and I'd have to start over

I shelved the whole thing until three days ago and am having the same problems minus the "out of memory" message.

The Chicago Guide was one of the first things I did when I began with ClassCreator. I remember that I had a lot of trouble when I was learning to layout the page. I tried to put both text and photo in tables some of the time so it would look more professional; and while it was perfectly lined up in the editor, it was not as I placed them going "live." My number one problem was that I had no idea what I was doing and had to rework things over and over while I learned.

I began yesterday to remove all tables and just have photos follow the text but am running into the same problems I mentioned above, but not the "out of memory" response so I couldn't capture the image for you to look at. I'm now also seeing the top half of some text cut off and am wondering if this is in part do to the "enter" or "shift+enter" I've haphazardly placed throughout.

I look at the source code and there seems to be lots of duplication plus half-text. I don't know enough about code to tell if that's part of the problem.

In other words, I'm thinking that this whole thing is so messed up by my ignorance in the beginning and all the changes throughout the months that followed that I'd be better off starting over. What do you think?

Thanks so much for looking,

Carole

Monday, July 18, 2011 at 1:24 PM - Response #7

Carole I. Mackey wrote:

4. AOL would die and I'd have to start over

And that is the problem. AOL is a pretty weird browser. We had an admin using that and he had massive problems. Including the destruction of various pages as he "edited" them.

You can use your email AOL account using another more common browser, like FireFox or Safari or Opera or Chrome (in order of least likely to cause issues). I'd also add IE, but CC temporarily is not happy with all of IE9. But if you have IE8, that's good too.

Just do not use AOL. I installed it just to test and was amazed at how AOL managed to make such a mess out of IECool (They got the rights to the IE source code in a legal settlement.)

Edited 07/18/11 1:26 PM
Monday, July 18, 2011 at 4:11 PM - Response #8

I have spoken to other customers as well who use the AOL browser and have had issues. I would try another browser and I suspect that you will not find the same issues. I can agree with Jack's list above. Personally, I'm partial to Firefox.

Scott

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.