ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

.tif files

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/17/10 06:50 PM Views: 1407 Replies: 3
Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 6:50 PM

One of our classmates has requested that I enter a .tif file to her Proflie page. I haven't even tried yet, because I do not think it is possible. Of course, I will try it, but can anyone tell me the best way to deal with .tif files? I have even gone to sites that offer to change them to .jpg, etc., but have never had any luck with that.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 9:07 PM - Response #1

Give it a whirl, the system accepts .tif files just fine. They'll be instantly converted to .jpg for display on the web.

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 2:09 AM - Response #2

Brad Switzer wrote:

Give it a whirl, the system accepts .tif files just fine. They'll be instantly converted to .jpg for display on the web.

I've always uploaded tif files; however, tonight is the first time in over a month that I've tried to upload photos to a profile. For some reason I cannot upload tifs any more, only jpgs.

I CAN upload tifs as a profile photo!

Can it be fixed so we can again upload tifs again?

Cheryl

Tuesday, March 2, 2010 at 5:20 AM - Response #3

.tif files work fine. It looks like we have the default display set to only show common image formats. I'm sure we can change that to include .tif files. But for now just browse to the directory where your .tif file resides, then type in the filename.tif yourself. It'll work fine.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.