ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Widening of right column!!!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/14/12 12:13 PM Views: 1403 Replies: 7
Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 12:13 PM

First thing this morning I noticed the right column has been widened and some of my stuff jumped to the bottom leaving a big white space. Then I get an email from my sister who is doing the website for her class and she has the same problem. So now I know it's not something I did but came from Class Creator. Is this going to be fixed? It takes away from the space we have on the homepage.

Doreene

Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 2:11 PM - Response #1

It is the third party provided This Day in History right side module. It should fix itself tomorrow when there is new content.

Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 2:24 PM - Response #2

Kyle- Not sure this is the same issue but...Is there a way to shrink the size of the boxes,i.e., This day in History, Profile Updates, Where are they now, etc. Seems that would allow more space on the Home Page for info re the class.
Or did I miss this in a past forum; edit your home page fix?
It's 2:20pm here & I've already missed what has happened up till now so anything is possible. lol
Thanks, John

Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 2:48 PM - Response #3

Afternoon!
Doreen, I would do the quick fix of unchecking the Day in History until tomorrow. Going with Kyle's post, that should fix it for you now. Smile

Saturday, July 14, 2012 at 6:15 PM - Response #4

The size/width of the right-side modules are supposed to be fixed. On occasion, the "This Day in History" module has been too wide because it comes from a 3rd party provider. When this happens (and it has happened before), we just disable the module or tell the admins to disable the module. Since it is a weekend, I am not sure anyone is at CC offices to disable the module globally for all websites, so it might be best to wait 4-8 more hours and see if it doesn't fix itself.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 12:57 PM - Response #5

We just experienced a widening of the right column as well, and are not using the "This Day in History" module. We did activate the donate function with text. I have adjusted the font size, but the right column continues to occupy almost one-half of the page. Any suggestions on "taming" it?

Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 1:10 PM - Response #6

It is now fixed. You pasted your donations code from somewhere and it included a DIV code that expanded the window.

Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 1:15 PM - Response #7

Thanks for the quick response. We had to take down the donation feature until PayPal confirms the account links, so we'll look at it again next week when we are active with PayPal and bring the donation section back online.

Bill

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.