ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Word doc upload

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/07/22 07:00 PM Views: 157 Replies: 1
Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 7:00 PM

Greetings!

I'm attempting to add a page under Edit Site pages as a subpage to an existing page which will appear as a drop box option on the left menu. I want to upload an existing Word document in it's entirety, or as a PDF upload. I can't seem to get anything other than a link, if that. I see I'm asked to enter a URL, but a document wouldn't have this.

Is there no way to import/upload the actual file to appear as my document does?

Thanks in advance for your help...

Thursday, April 7, 2022 at 7:48 PM - Response #1

To upload a non image documents to the File Vault, such as a .doc or .pdf file, please see the following: Locate any page that has an Editor Window, such as by going to Edit Site Pages > Edit Page next to Homepage.

1. What I typically do first is decide on where my link will be and what my link phrase will say. Type the link phrase into the editor window and use your cursor to highlight the phrase.

2. On the Editor Window, look for the icon in the second row of buttons that is about 2/3 to the right that looks like a globe with a chain link, this is the Insert / Edit Link button. Click this button and a small window will appear. Click the Browse button and locate your file on your computer. Once selected, press the Open / Select button and then you will need to click the Upload button to the right. The window should close, leaving your link phrase blue and underlined. This means that it is linked, however to test the link you must save the page and go to the actual page of the site to click the link.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.