ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Home Page White-Out

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 08/02/19 11:58 AM Views: 796 Replies: 4
Friday, August 2, 2019 at 11:58 AM

I haven't had this Home Page White-out problem in many years. This is a little different, though.

On my laptop all looks fine but I received complaints from classmates that the Home Page is all white and the announcements were all at the bottom of the page.

Finally, I looked at the site on my Android phone and I, too, had the white-out, but all was still fine on my pc.

By elimination I deactivated the problem announcement. Can CC look at the obituary announcement and let me know what the problem is? I want to avoid having this happen again and it's worrisome that when on my pc, there is no problem. The problem is "Windfield Funeral."

Thanks for your help.

Friday, August 2, 2019 at 10:06 PM - Response #1

Probably different browsers used. Firefox is the most flexible when "text" is too long. Chrome does not wrap - that's probably your Android browser since you'd have to download any other. Typical problem is a LINK name that is too long. Use a short name and then put the link inside of that. In this forum it's the chain icon and works like SAMPLE.

Edited 08/02/19 10:07 PM
Wednesday, August 7, 2019 at 3:09 PM - Response #2

Jack's reply is spot on. I looked for an inactive announcement called Windfield Funeral, but was unable to locate it.

Monday, August 19, 2019 at 8:18 PM - Response #3

Sorry for delay in giving thanks; been sick.

After I posted this question I ended up deleting the announcement when I couldn't fix it. I think the problem may have been the link at the end.

Thanks for the heads-up on links, Never knew this.

Monday, August 19, 2019 at 10:16 PM - Response #4

Links have two parts to them, the displayable part and the actual link. If you don't select some text, for example, "Click here for the online obituary" before you enter the link, the editor uses the link URL to be the clickable text. Since URLs (website addresses) do not have spaces, it is usually a very large amount of letters and with no spaces the browser gets confused about where to wrap the line and so it takes it down the page to the largest part of the page, below the right-side modules.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.