ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Reunion Planner

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 03/25/09 11:17 AM Views: 2231 Replies: 14
Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 11:17 AM

My "Reunion Planner" page is partly covered up by the left side banner. I haven't used this option before, but would like to. How do I slide the "planner" to the right so I can see all the questions?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 11:43 AM - Response #1

What browser and browser version are you using? There's really only two things that can cause this:

1) You have oversized fonts turned on. If you're using Internet Explorer, click view and make sure your fonts are set to medium (the default).

2) You have browser magnification turned on. Make sure your magnification percentage is set to 100%.

If you're still seeing this and you've confirmed 1 and 2 above are ok, let me know if you can duplicate this in any other browser.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 12:57 PM - Response #2

Yes. I'm running IE, latest edition. Where is the "view" button you referred to? I downloaded Firefox, and the page appeared ok. However my "home" page had a mile of white space on it. Don't know what that is about. I checked my font size in my "settings" and it was on 'Normal'. I also am viewing my web pages at 100%.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 1:09 PM - Response #3

Update to above post.

I found the view button (I think)on IE, under the "page" icon, next to tools. I clicked on "text size" and it showed "medium. Is that the right place?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 1:34 PM - Response #4

bottom right corner of the browser, there is a magnifying glass with a + inside of it. Next to it is the words "100%" for the normal zoom. If the zoom is not 100% then it is not the normal view.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 1:51 PM - Response #5

Thanks Kyle.

Yes....I see the glass and it's at 100%
My computer tells me I have "normal" fonts and the page I am looking at says "text size" is medium.

My problem DOES NOT show up in Firefox, as all pages show up normal in that browser.

Footnote: All other pages on my site show up as "normal". It's just the one page of "Reunion Planner" tht is skewed to the left, which prevents me from reading the instructions.

Any ideas Brad?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 2:12 PM - Response #6

Brad I was wondering if you could "cut and paste" new "source code" into my "Reunion Planner" site page? Since all my other pages appear properly, I don't think it's my computer. Perhaps the "source code" for that single page got
screwed up in the build process. Just a thought. This begs the question....why is it normal in Firefox.

Thanks Everyone.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 2:59 PM - Response #7

It is something on your Internet Explorer browser. That's why it looks normal in Firefox. I've checked it on several versions of IE and it's fine. Not to mention that thousands of people are currently planning reunions on Class Creator. If the Reunion Planner was skewed we'd hear about it dozens of times every single day. Thus I'm confident you're having a local browser problem. I know that's not going to make you feel any better when you're seeing the problem, but all I can tell you is check around in all of your settings and see if you've got something that's enlarging the page in some way. If nothing else uninstall your browser and download it again and install it again. That will put everything back to the default settings.

Larry * Noller wrote:

Thanks Kyle.

Yes....I see the glass and it's at 100%
My computer tells me I have "normal" fonts and the page I am looking at says "text size" is medium.

My problem DOES NOT show up in Firefox, as all pages show up normal in that browser.

Footnote: All other pages on my site show up as "normal". It's just the one page of "Reunion Planner" tht is skewed to the left, which prevents me from reading the instructions.

Any ideas Brad?

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 3:00 PM - Response #8

Were you cutting and pasting source code earlier? Source code could potentitlly "screw up" the page, yes. Last time I checked your page there was no content or source code at all.

Larry * Noller wrote:

Brad I was wondering if you could "cut and paste" new "source code" into my "Reunion Planner" site page? Since all my other pages appear properly, I don't think it's my computer. Perhaps the "source code" for that single page got
screwed up in the build process. Just a thought. This begs the question....why is it normal in Firefox.

Thanks Everyone.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 3:04 PM - Response #9

By the way, based on what you've told me and what I know about the Reunion Planner page, I'm going to make a guess that you have something turned on in your browser that is increasing the size of form fields, and may even be increasing the size of our editor. It's possible some plugin or toolbar could also do this. If things get increased in the particular design you're using, the page will in fact slip to the left under the navigation, which is why I suspect this is what the issue might be.

The good news is, nobody else is seeing it like that. In the worst case sceanrio I'd say just create your reunion in Firefox. No Classmates or anybody else will have a problem using your reunion page.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 3:30 PM - Response #10

Thanks Brad. If no one else is going to see it, I can work around this issue, while I investigate it further. I'll let you now if I solve this mystery.

Thanks.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 3:53 PM - Response #11

I have a brand new PC running "Vista", barely a week old, with all the factory settings, next to this PC that I'm on now.

The page in question comes up skewed on the new computer too.

Conclusion.....I did something when I was building my site, probably a 3rd party plug in or something, that infected my "Reunion Planner" page. I suppose I could "unbuild" my web page (Home Page), one item at a time until I found the problem, but I think I will use Firefox for the time being, when ever I have to edit that page.

Sorry you had to put so much time in on this.

Wednesday, March 25, 2009 at 4:02 PM - Response #12

There is no third party plugin on your Reunion Planner page though... In fact at the moment it's entirely blank. You're seeing the Reunion Planner setup page itself skewed left, correct? Can you email me a screen shot of what you're seeing?

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 10:17 AM - Response #13

Problem Solved Brad. The "Reunion Planner" now appears as it should. The problem was in my dispay settings. (I have a Del 20 inch monitor) Running Wondows XP.

My method:

Click on "Start"
Click on "Control Panel"
Click on "Appearence and Themes"
Under "Pick Control Panel Icon"....Select Display
Click "Settings"
Click "Advanced"
set DPI to 96 DPI (mine was set at 120)

When I lowered my dpi to 96 it fixed my problem.
Your first "hunch" was correct.

I think I'll launch this puppy this week, before I screw up anything else. It is a bit of a mystery to me why this only occured on only one page and not all of them.

AS always...........your help was greatly appreciated.

Larry

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:15 AM - Response #14

I still think it was increasing the form elements themselves, thus blowing out the page. Thanks much for sharing that, because in the future somebody else will have this same issue. And next time I'll be able to direct them right to the solution.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.