ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Header Display Problem

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 03/25/15 06:20 PM Views: 1022 Replies: 8
Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 6:20 PM
Site Header.jpg

This afternoon I suddenly see an issue with the display of my header. See attached pic. I never had an issue with part of the name being hidden by the logo. Did something change to cause this to happen?

Wednesday, March 25, 2015 at 8:35 PM - Response #1

The default font for the browser was changed to something around 28. Default is normally 14 for FF.

In FF, Tools-Options-General set default size to 14.

Technically sort of an oversight by CC since the font size could be specified in the CSS Idea (Also applies to some other areas. Maybe the idea was that people could change menu sizes, however, zoom mostly takes care of that problem now.)

As an aside, there is something in the Home Page Table that is too wide Chrome. It's ok in FF, IE11 and Safari - so Chrome has a possible bug.

Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 7:40 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Jack! It had been set at 18 so I changed it to 16 and it is OK now. As an aside, I suspect I know how it got changed. Another "user" in my household prefers larger print so I am assuming that's who changed it.

Are you saying that my entire table on the Home page is too wide in Chrome?

Thursday, March 26, 2015 at 12:30 PM - Response #3

I have the same problem with various suspects changing things behind my back. Cats are the worst. Ever have a cat walk across your keyboard? You'd be amazed at the various options available just by clicking a key or two.

Yes, the table in Chrome "slides down" as if it's too wide. It's somewhere near the top. I did a quick real time edit/delete of a small section and then it worked.

Website Administrator wrote:

Thanks, Jack! It had been set at 18 so I changed it to 16 and it is OK now. As an aside, I suspect I know how it got changed. Another "user" in my household prefers larger print so I am assuming that's who changed it.

Are you saying that my entire table on the Home page is too wide in Chrome?

Edited 03/26/15 12:31 PM
Friday, March 27, 2015 at 12:18 PM - Response #4

Jack - can you tell me where the problem was so that I might fix it for my Chrome users?

Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 1:46 AM - Response #5

The Marquee code is causing the issue on Chrome. Change size=+1.5 to size=+0.5

Edited 03/28/15 1:49 AM
Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 12:18 PM - Response #6

I hsve done that. I also downloaded Chrome. And in Chrome, the whole table is still too wide and moved down. Sad

Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 12:56 PM - Response #7

size="+0.5" you the leading '0' is required

Saturday, March 28, 2015 at 1:44 PM - Response #8

That did it! Thanks again.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.