ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Imbedding map on reunion planner page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 11/03/11 11:01 PM Views: 1198 Replies: 6
Thursday, November 3, 2011 at 11:01 PM

Good evening,
I know someone has an answer to this AND I know I'm doing it right except for one little bit. Which 'little bit' is the $64,000.00 question!
I'm trying to imbed a map of the reunion site and vicinity onto the description area of the resource planner. I found the "embed this" url on the hotel site. I copied it on to the clipboard; went to the reunion planner 'edit' section; clicked 'source' (just like I do on youtube); then paste. The url copies but does not imbed. Tried it 3 times. I think my mistake is in the order in which I am processing this. Help?? Please!!
BarbaraSadQuestion

Friday, November 4, 2011 at 8:52 AM - Response #1

I don't know what has changed, but it is displaying correctly this morning. I tried several times last night and couldn't get it to display right, but now it does.

Friday, November 4, 2011 at 10:46 AM - Response #2

I just tried it again. Didn't work. Let me 'step by step' it: 1. click on the mapquest link (which is now at the top of my 'edit' page in blue of my 'reunion planner') but doesn't work; 2. press 'copy' in the 'edit - reunion planner' 'tool box' next to the 'source' icon.; 3. click on the 'source' icon; 4. then the tool box goes blank as to not respond if I press 'copy'; 5. I scroll down in order to insert the mapquest link between the 2 paragraphs and left click to position curser; 6. when I left click for positioning, the tool box re-darkens; 7. I click on 'paste'. Link doesn't work! I'm off somewhere. Would you try it again, please?
Barbara

Friday, November 4, 2011 at 10:49 AM - Response #3

I am talking about when you click the "50 Year Reunion" of your website, it displays the map in the MAP section.

In order to do this, you just do your Reunion Planner, then put the street and zip code. Then save the page.

Are you saying that when you click the "50 Year Reunion" link, you don't see a map?

Friday, November 4, 2011 at 12:26 PM - Response #4

Yes, Kyle. I see the map, but the link under it doesn't work.
Barbara

Friday, November 4, 2011 at 12:49 PM - Response #5

How about now?

I added the HTML Anchor tags around it. Now if you click on the link, it will take you to the map where you can get directions.

Friday, November 4, 2011 at 12:56 PM - Response #6

Wow. Thank you. That did it. Also clicking on the link allows me to 'google-map' from (anywhere I put) to the reunion hotel.
Thank you. SEE...that's what we all pay for!!!
BarbaraVery Happy

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.