ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/17/10 11:30 AM Views: 1181 Replies: 2
Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 11:30 AM

Brad,
I know you are a little busy now but please put this on your "things to do later list".

I am still having problems when I go to enter "In Memory". It can take anywhere from 2-3 minutes to populate. Sometimes it can open right away. And then after I add someone it takes another 2-3 minutes to open again. I was thinking it might be my network but I tried this from outside of where I do this and had the same problem. I know you tried this and did not have the same problem. I am running an AMD Athalon dual core 2.01 ghz, 2.62 ram if that helps.

Take care.

Sunday, January 17, 2010 at 3:40 PM - Response #1

No, I'm aware of the problem. Unfortunately you're the exception to the rule. With 25,000 or so Classmates on your site, you have the second largest site on the entire Class Creator system. With the In Memory section the system is having to parse through all 25,000 member names, which is what's causing the delay. On a typical site with a couple hundred Classmates or so this delay would be just a couple seconds or so. You have literally about 100 times more names in the system. There's no doubt a way to improve this for you, as the system was never really designed to parse through 25,000 names, and I do have this request grouped with several other In Memory requests to tackle when we get to that section. For the moment after adding somebody to In Memory go grab a cup of coffee or something. Smile

Monday, January 18, 2010 at 3:55 PM - Response #2

Brad,
No problem. I have the pick the coffee beans anyway. Very Happy

I think we had this problem before with adding/editing names. I think you/crew solved it by only loading the year required. I know there are a lot of other subjects that you are addressing. I am looking forward to the upcoming changes.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.