ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Viewing Profiles?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 02/03/09 09:53 AM Views: 1299 Replies: 3
Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 9:53 AM

I am new here so please bear with me. Is there a way to include fields in the profile that the "regular" logged in classmates cannot see but the Admin can see? In other words, I want the Admin to be able to see everything but others only to see, for example, name, state. Where would I do this? Thanks.

Tuesday, February 3, 2009 at 10:02 AM - Response #1

Welcome Barbara.

Profiles are publicly visible as you've pointed out, and aren't really used for private data collection. Two things you might consider though:

1) Under each Classmate's "Contact Details" screen is a private Notes area where you can keep information about that Classmate. Only Admins can see the private notes area.

2) If you want to collect private responses from Classmates, use your Survey Maker. Just be sure to NOT check the button that permits other Classmates to see the survey results. Unless you want others to also see the results, that is.

Edited 02/03/09 10:04 AM
Monday, September 19, 2016 at 3:14 PM - Response #2

I have a new class website and I am still learning my way around. Would this be an appropriate location to keep information with regard to the attempts/sources accessed to locate a missing classmate? And, can this information be pulled as a report field for future Missing Classmate reports? It would be nice to be able to keep this history so we can see what has been or has not been successful. Also, we would not waste time by duplicating efforts. Or, is there another area that would be a better location for this type of information?

Monday, September 19, 2016 at 4:35 PM - Response #3

The "Admin Notes" field under the "Contact Details" is a good place to keep track of now the classmate was last contacted or the history of trying to contact the classmate.

The Admin Notes field can be downloaded with the Manage Classmates, Download Class List feature, just remember to check the "Admin Notes" field. If you are interested in a "Missing Classmate" download report, also check the fields you want to define the "Missing" as, for example, if it is that they haven't joined the website yet, also download the "Joined On" date. When you create the spreadsheet, sort on the "Joined On" date and delete all classmates who have a date field. The resulting spreadsheet will only show those classmates who haven't joined yet.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.