ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Announcements

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/19/12 10:34 AM Views: 1265 Replies: 4
Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 10:34 AM

Is it just me or what - when did the Announcements page start showing names of the person posting? Good idea. Now, can a column be included to show the date added to the page, not necessarily actual date it was posted live? Could items have a sort option? Like in alpha order - the click up/down is ok if you only have a few items.

I use the Announcements for storage, when I am trying to "clean" it up or move items back to the Home Page it is rather cumbersome going back and forth trying to figure out what needs to be ditched, especially ditching Playlist.com and replacing with Mixpod players. It never occured to me to date them to start with but a column on the list page would be very helpful.

Thanks,
Mary

Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 11:21 AM - Response #1

Announcements have been showing the name of the person who posted them for quite some time. This has always been useful on site with multiple admins or where classmates are permitted to post announcements.

There are no plans at this time to change this feature, but the idea of managing the list with a sortable table by date or alpha is a good one. However, implementing that is a fairly complicated proposition, especially if want to maintain the ability to manually reorder the list, which we absolutely do. I can put this on the wishlist for review as a possible feature addition, but I would not expect any action on it short of a complete overhaul of the service.

Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 3:25 PM - Response #2

Well, that's how much I pay attention to the names. A sort option is just an idea for down the road.

Would it be possible to auto insert a date, like on the Edit Site Pages page list?

Mary

Thursday, July 19, 2012 at 3:49 PM - Response #3

Theoretically, that wouldn't be too difficult, but where would we fit it? We'll have to work out how to make that happen.

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 10:20 AM - Response #4

Thanks, I guess the programmers could squeeze it in someplace.

Mary

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.