ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Badge Options - 3 x 4 Size

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/27/13 06:11 AM Views: 910 Replies: 8
Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 6:11 AM

Does anyone know a way to generate the pre-formatted badges on a 3 x 4 size? I like the set up, but we went with a hanging style badge, Avery Insertable 3 x 4 Inch White Name Badges (74459), and not sure if this is possible. Can Class Creator consider adding this badge to the list? I'm sure we aren't the only reunion who wants a hanging badge. Thank you.

Saturday, July 27, 2013 at 5:27 PM - Response #1

That IS a good size, Joe. I believe it is the one I chose. Sorry, I cannot help you.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 3:10 PM - Response #2

We are not going to be able to add any new sizes very soon with our current project list for programmers. I would suggest downloading the Avery word templates and using an excel export from either your class list or your reunion planner to set up a merge with their template and MS Word.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM - Response #3

I used MS Word any a mail (Actually label) merge. Found a label that was 3x4 and six on a page. Worked great. I even place our school logo on the name tag.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 6:26 PM - Response #4

were you able to merge the high school photo?

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 8:55 PM - Response #5

WTG, John! Smile

John R. Ballantine wrote:

I used MS Word any a mail (Actually label) merge. Found a label that was 3x4 and six on a page. Worked great. I even place our school logo on the name tag.

Monday, July 29, 2013 at 9:16 PM - Response #6

I did not use our high school pics. We're just do do look like those pics any more (45th Reunion, just a bunch of older folks).

Also with the Label merge you can make the first names (or nicknames) much larger.

Edited 07/29/13 9:17 PM
Monday, July 29, 2013 at 9:31 PM - Response #7
SAMPLE_3X4-NAME_TAG.jpg

When we had our 40th Reunion in 2009, we used the 3 x 4 size of Avery labels. I don't remember the avery code but we created the label size in Microsoft Publisher and we populated it with the class year, name and picture of each classmate. When we had the spouse attend, we had both of the classmate's and spouse's names on the label.

I am attaching a graphic picture of our publisher file to this notice. It has real names and pictures so I ask you to be very careful with the file. If you want a copy of the actual publisher file, please send me your email address. The file exceeds the allowed file size to be uploaded to this page.

We downloaded the names into Excel, sorted out our attendees alphabetically and then Cut and pasted the year that they graduated, their name and their yearbook picture. I had the yearbook pictures saved in a flash drive using this scheme yrlastnamefirstname.jpg. Example 69YbarraGeorge.jpg. Having the picture identified this way helped in alphabetizing the names by class year. We had 5 different class years ('67, 68, 69, 70, & 71) attend our reunion.

Hope this helps.

George

Saturday, August 10, 2013 at 7:22 AM - Response #8

I was trying to get around copying and pasting everybody's picture...I guess there will be no way around it. I'm going to start working on ours in the next couple weeks. I may be sending some of you an email for help in the next couple weeks. Thank you. Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.