ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Subscription Renewal Invoice

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/15/08 02:21 PM Views: 1323 Replies: 8
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 2:21 PM

Hey Brad ~ Smile

I received a subscription renewal invoice via snail-mail from a company by the name of LibertyNames. They quote prices of $29/year, $49/2 years, and $94/5 years to renew and maintain our domain name and access to our Class Creator site....

Are these guys legit? I don't know if anyone else has received invoices from this company; but, I just want to know from you, Brad, if they are who we're to be paying to renew and maintain our subscription with Class Creator. The prices appear higher than what I recall when joining and my subscription doesn't expire until March... so, this invoice seemed a bit premature and sent up some red flags.

Your thoughts, please? Thank you ~
Sandie Very Happy

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 2:35 PM - Response #1

Throw it out.

Liberty Names is a scam company, they try to get people to switch their domain names by sending out what looks like a bill.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 2:40 PM - Response #2

That's one thing I don't like about setting up the domain name. I was forced to give my home address and was astounded to see it all listed on ARIN whois. Then, there's a service on teh domain site that offers to get us removed, for a price. Instead, I adjusted my address and phone number a bit myself.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 4:43 PM - Response #3

Can I ask how you "adjusted" your personal information? I am not too thrilled with having my phone number and address out there either.

Thanks!!

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:49 PM - Response #4

Unfortunately several unscrupulous registrars send something that appears to be a bill, but all you're doing is transferring your domain name away at a much higher cost. THROW INTO YOUR CIRCULAR FILE.

For an additional fee you can block your whois information, yes. That's pretty common with registrars. Frankly we have no control over it anyway. We built Class Creator, but Classnames.net is just a co-branded registrar powered by enom.com. In other words, everything you see in there was created by somebody other than us. We just use it as a revenue generator and it also gives us the ability to allow people to get their own domain names set up and pointing to their sites without having to contact our Support Staff.

Edited 12/15/08 5:55 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 6:13 PM - Response #5

Brad,
For my future information when it comes time to renew can you explain what we will be receiving from you guys on how to renew. Will it only be an email? Will it be through snail mail? What should I be looking for?
Thank you

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 6:25 PM - Response #6

At least 30 days before your domain expiration you will get a renewal notice via email. It will be from Classnames.net.

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:00 AM - Response #7

Hi Brad,

I just receive a notice from Web Listings, Inc.
www.web-listings.net (info@web-listings.net)
They want $65 !
Is this also a scam?

Thank you !!
Gary

Thursday, March 26, 2009 at 11:07 AM - Response #8

Hi Gary,

Yes they are a scam as well.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.