ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Editing Problem

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 12/15/08 01:20 PM Views: 1315 Replies: 4
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 1:20 PM

Brad or anyone!
Is it just me or has anyone else been experiencing editing problems today? First of all, I changed text colour to blue for the page I was working on but at the start of each new line it's been reverting to black and then the spacing between lines seems only to want to be 'double', which is not what I want.
The line spacing problem only seems to happen when I use the Enter button to move to the next line but is ok when I let the text run on at the end of a line. It hasn't happened before today.
Can you advise please?
Thanks,
Mark

Edited 12/15/08 1:34 PM
Monday, December 15, 2008 at 1:42 PM - Response #1

Hi Mark,
I haven't noticed any changes\problems with the editor today. It seems that the editor does not allow you to specify the spacing of the text. To get single spacing you may need to modify the source (by clicking the 'source' button in the upper left)

It will look like this in the source view:

line1

line2

Change it to look like this:

line1

line2

The
tag will insert just 1 return rather than the paragraph (

) tag which surrounds the paragraph with a space.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 1:56 PM - Response #2

If you are just typing in like a paragraph of text, you don't want to hit the enter key at all. Let the system do the word wrapping for you.

HOWEVER, if you are trying to get something where you're putting a couple words per line and you don't want double spacing... use either SHIFT-ENTER or CONTROL-ENTER... I can't remember which but one of them will force a single line break instead of a full paragraph break.

Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:16 PM - Response #3

It's shift Enter. Shift enter advances down 1 line. A regular enter advances down 2 lines.

Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 5:39 AM - Response #4

Thanks to both of you for your help on that. I was trying to enter a poem so the lines are short and in blocks of four. I've done it before and not had a problem so it puzzled me.

I'll do as you suggested.

Cheers,
Mark,

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.