ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Evaluating Customizable Pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 04/24/11 01:25 AM Views: 1252 Replies: 6
Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 1:25 AM

I've used all my customizable pages and I need to kill one and reuse it for something else. How is the best way to tell the which of the customizable links is getting the most traffic and which the least.

Thanks in advance.

You always come through.

Richard Elliott
Bear River High Class of 66
Tremonton, Utah

Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 1:36 AM - Response #1

The only way to tell which custom pages are the most active are if you have installed "Google Analytics" on your PREFERENCES page. If you haven't installed it, there is no way to tell which page is most active.

Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 1:51 AM - Response #2

I have installed it but I don't know who to use it that well. I'll have to look deeper into it.

Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 3:02 AM - Response #3

I dug into Google analytics and found what I was looking for. Thanks for the tip.

Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 4:39 AM - Response #4

Richard Elliott wrote:

I've used all my customizable pages and I need to kill one and reuse it for something else.

There's really no limit to the number of customizable pages - create "galleries", just don't put any images in them. Leave the first page blank and put content in the 2nd, etc subpages. Turn the main and 2nd page on.

Create links within the subpages to navigate to related content. That keeps the left menu cleaner/shorter, plus keeps each page shorter. (There's a topic somewhere about length of pages, but you can get an idea from commercial sites on page length.)

It's still a good idea though to see if pages are being viewed and remove those that never get visited.Wink

Sunday, April 24, 2011 at 12:11 PM - Response #5

Jack, we use the same method as you with the Galleries for our non-profit group: ifcvallarta.com and it works seamlessly. No need to eliminate a page to add another.

Monday, April 25, 2011 at 10:25 AM - Response #6

I used extra survey pages. That helped out a lot when I was in need of extra pages especially close to reunion time.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.