ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

WHERE THEY LIVE BOX

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/07/08 02:12 AM Views: 1672 Replies: 21
Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 2:12 AM

I can't seem to get where we live in the box properly. I have clicked off the box because I don't know how to edit it. When I type in the states it shows alot of classmates unknown, and I know they are in Indiana. Please help me!!!!

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 2:28 AM - Response #1

Stan Patsy Barker wrote:

I can't seem to get where we live in the box properly. I have clicked off the box because I don't know how to edit it. When I type in the states it shows alot of classmates unknown, and I know they are in Indiana. Please help me!!!!

If you know where they live, you have to enter them into their profile and/or details in the Manage classmates section.

I can't remember if they display or not if they haven't created a profile but you've entered their location.

I had a problem with this because the where we live box is not in sync with the classmate profiles or the missing list. I went in and entered anything I knew about people who hadn't created a profile yet. That displayed their location in 'where they live' and took them off the missing list. You have to set the parameters in the missing list option. I set mine to consider missing those with no email or address in the system.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 3:19 AM - Response #2

Right, entering information for Classmates who haven't even joined your site could only remove them from the Missing Classmates list if you've changed the criteria for what constitutes a Missing Classmate. Most schools run it in default mode, which means Classmates are considered missing until such time that they join your site. If you leave the default in place, then you can enter any information you want about somebody prior to them joining the site, and it will not remove them from the Missing Classmates list.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 3:33 AM - Response #3

Stan Patsy Barker wrote:

You have marked that exactly 15 people live in Inadiana on your Class List. And that's exactly how many people are showing up under Indiana in your Where They Live Box (if you reactive it, anyway). Thus it's working just as it should. Until you mark a location for a Classmate, the Classmate will be part of the "location unknown" count.

By the way, your Announcements Board is blowing out your home page. My guess is you probably have a lot of hard spaces in there somewhere and the system cannot wrap. It sounds kind of funny that a space would not be able to wrap. But in html, if you put in a whole bunch of spaces in a row, it creates a thing called hard spaces. And hard spaces are no different from typing in xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or whtever else many times in a row without a single space. With nowhere to wrap, the page just blows out.

Best rule of thumb is never try to format things with the space bar. Always use left, center, right alignment, bulleted or numbered lists, or when necessary a table to hold your content in the structure you desire it in.

Edited 09/07/08 3:33 AM
Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 5:32 AM - Response #4

Patsy,

I just checked out your site and you've done a good job. I like your video tribute to your deceased classmates, especially your music choice. There is one photo when it switches from one person to another that has fireworks. That may be misconstrued and offend some people since fireworks are a celebratory event. The stars fading in and out through the other pics could also be misunderstood. Just a thought.

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 6:41 PM - Response #5

Thanks ever so much for the advice. I have it figured out now. This Forum is a God send.
Patsy

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 6:48 PM - Response #6

Hi, Thanks for the thought on the Memory box. The background pick was shared with the entire committee and we all agreed on the background. We want to celebrate the lives of those not with us anymore as they were so important to us and a much needed asset to our class. I understand how it could offend someone but so far everyone likes it. Thanks again for your thought, it was a good one.
Patsy

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 6:53 PM - Response #7

Hi Brad, Talk about over my head!!!! I didn't know anything about wrapping!!! Took the info you gave me to my son-in-law, a computer guy, and he explained it all to me and showed me how to correct the problem. I just have to learn something new every day, and I thought I was sooooo smart!!!
Thanks,
Patsy

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 6:53 PM - Response #8

Hi Brad, Talk about over my head!!!! I didn't know anything about wrapping!!! Took the info you gave me to my son-in-law, a computer guy, and he explained it all to me and showed me how to correct the problem. I just have to learn something new every day, and I thought I was sooooo smart!!!
Thanks,
Patsy

Sunday, September 7, 2008 at 9:32 PM - Response #9

That's what these forums are for. I live here every day. Smile And there are many super people here like Cathy Plotnick (thank you Cathy) who are just wonderful.

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:56 AM - Response #10

Stan Patsy Barker wrote:

Hi, Thanks for the thought on the Memory box. The background pick was shared with the entire committee and we all agreed on the background. We want to celebrate the lives of those not with us anymore as they were so important to us and a much needed asset to our class. I understand how it could offend someone but so far everyone likes it. Thanks again for your thought, it was a good one.
Patsy

That's the most important thing. I wondered if that was the reason you chose the celebratory theme.

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM - Response #11

Brad Switzer wrote:

That's what these forums are for. I live here every day. Smile And there are many super people here like Cathy Plotnick (thank you Cathy) who are just wonderful.

Ahhh trying to butter me up eh since you know I'm leaving tomorrow for my reunion and will be in the land of pure maple syrup! lol I gotcher number!! hahaha

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM - Response #12

Brad Switzer wrote:

Ahhh trying to butter me up eh since you know I'm leaving tomorrow for my reunion and will be in the land of pure maple syrup! lol I gotchyer number!! hahaha

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:57 AM - Response #13

Brad Switzer wrote:

Duplicate

Edited 09/08/08 11:58 AM
Monday, September 8, 2008 at 4:11 PM - Response #14

Was it that obvious? Although we've truly enjoyed the virtual brownies and cookies everybody has sent, I am in fact expecting Cathy Plotnick to be the very first Class Creator user to actually send something REAL. When it comes to Canadian maple syrup, sometimes ya just gotta have the real thang. Smile

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 4:16 PM - Response #15

Brad Switzer wrote:

Was it that obvious? Although we've truly enjoyed the virtual brownies and cookies everybody has sent, I am in fact expecting Cathy Plotnick to be the very first Class Creator user to actually send something REAL. When it comes to Canadian maple syrup, sometimes ya just gotta have the real thang. Smile

What??? You've never received the real thing? Well, I guess I get to be the 'first' on this one!

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 6:17 PM - Response #16

Nope! And you know what, if you actually send in the real thing, I suspect the programmers will actually start bumping your requests to the top of the list FOR REAL.

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 6:59 PM - Response #17

PM me your address! I just happen to have some in my cupboard. If it's not open, I will get dh to send it to you. Otherwise, it will have to wait til I get back.

Hmmmm....
I hope you have a record of my requests!!! LOL

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 10:23 PM - Response #18

Our address is public anyway, so I'll just give it to you here. Please do me a favor and send just 1 jar of syrup (don't get carried away) to our main programmer directly. It'll be funny.

Mike Johnston
Class Creator
1300 S. Main St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

After you do that, next time you need something, I'll just run up to Mike and say, "Hey Mike, remember that lady who sent you the maple syrup?...." And then I'll hit him with whatever crazed request you have and I'll tell him it's urgent. Smile

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:45 PM - Response #19

Brad Switzer wrote:

Our address is public anyway, so I'll just give it to you here. Please do me a favor and send just 1 jar of syrup (don't get carried away) to our main programmer directly. It'll be funny.

Mike Johnston
Class Creator
1300 S. Main St.
Ann Arbor, MI 48104

After you do that, next time you need something, I'll just run up to Mike and say, "Hey Mike, remember that lady who sent you the maple syrup?...." And then I'll hit him with whatever crazed request you have and I'll tell him it's urgent. Smile

Nice to see you're publically advocating bribery!!! hahahaah!!

I thought you called me CRAZED LADY!! LOL Crazed was under lady in the message and I'm thinking that's no way to get pure maple syrup sent!! hahaha!

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 12:03 AM - Response #20

Of course I'm publicly advocating bribery! If anyone else wants to bribe us, there's our address. Tee hee. Smile

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 12:20 AM - Response #21

You're too funny! Laughing

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.