ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Notify Classmates When Photos are Added

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 05/03/13 05:31 PM Views: 1711 Replies: 18
Friday, May 3, 2013 at 5:31 PM

RE: The box at the bottom of most pages to check by admins "Notify ___ classmates this page has been updated."

This feature is not available on the bottom of the Photo Gallery pages. I just added a prom photo of a deceased classmate and people are spooked (sending me emails wondering who added it). Would it be possible to add this "Notify ___ Classmates . . ." check box to the Photo Gallery pages too?

Monday, May 6, 2013 at 3:14 PM - Response #1

I will forward the request. Thanks.

Monday, May 6, 2013 at 4:08 PM - Response #2

Hi Rhonda,

Just noticed that you have the exact same logo as our class does in Oklahoma. If you happen to also be "Warriors", feel free to borrow my background if you are interested.

Monday, May 6, 2013 at 5:51 PM - Response #3

Thanks for the offer Derrell but we're not Warriors . . . we're Purple Raiders! Our school's mascot was eliminated in 2001 because it "fosters stereotypes." BHS is still the Purple Raiders but without the Indian mascot. I'm not sure what their mascot is now or if they even have one.

Monday, May 6, 2013 at 7:41 PM - Response #4

Understand. I had heard about the 'stereotype' issue before, but I guess since Anadarko's winning football team is way more than half Kiowa, that someone decided not stereotype after all. I guess it all depends on attitude and how used.

Monday, July 1, 2013 at 7:23 PM - Response #5

Here I am again with the same issue - I've been working on a new link which has several (13 or 14) grade school photo albums on it. Over the course of a few days, I would work on it for a bit, then stop, come back, change the photos around (because I had uploaded the wrong school to the wrong album) and so on and so on. Well, 97 classmates (118 still haven't updated their Notify Me options) were bombarded by many, many, emails because of this! Yes, I heard from several.

I hope, for admins only, this is put on the front burner - an option to create Photo Galleries without notification going out each and every time a photo is added!

I'm still baffled as to why I didn't receive email notifications each time. ????

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 11:48 AM - Response #6

Rhonda,

The programmer made an adjustment last night. Please try it again.

Scott

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 2:31 PM - Response #7

Scott - I just added a photo to the BJHS gallery, but didn't have an option of whether to notify classmates or not . . . so I don't know if an email went out to all thee people who have the Notify Me (when a photo is added) checked or not. Not sure what "adjustment" you're talking about.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 2:33 PM - Response #8

I received an message from the programmer that he removed the automatic notification from your site.

Tuesday, July 2, 2013 at 10:59 PM - Response #9

I just asked a classmate if he received an email notification of the BJHS photo being added. He said yes.

So, I'm not clear on how this is all supposed to be working. You said he removed the automatic notification from my site. But, the classmate still got notified.

And, what would I do if I want classmates to be notified when a photo is uploaded?

Sorry, Scott, but I'm just not processing this . . .

Friday, July 5, 2013 at 2:19 PM - Response #10

Ah, I was incorrect with my explanation. Quote from the programmer: "I made it so that a DE-activated gallery won't be automatically RE-activated upon a save, like everybody else's is. if she de-activates one so she can work on it, she won't have to worry about the notice going out because it will stay de-activated." So this means that any work you do to a gallery that has been deactivated will not generate new notices.

Friday, July 5, 2013 at 2:50 PM - Response #11

So, I'll de-activate the gallery, add photos here and there and no email notifications will go out. I assume email notification of any new pictures I added during that time will then go out when I re-activate the gallery, correct?

Friday, July 5, 2013 at 3:03 PM - Response #12

"So, I'll de-activate the gallery, add photos here and there and no email notifications will go out."

According to the message from my programmer, that is correct.

Friday, July 12, 2013 at 3:54 PM - Response #13

Hi Rhonda,

The programmer updated us that they made some adjustments to your site so it will galleries will not reactivate when you save and no notices will go out on deactivated galleries.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, July 12, 2013 at 4:20 PM - Response #14

roh-roh . . . but . . . but, I do want notices to go out . . . just didn't like that an email notification was generated each time a photo was added, such as when I was setting up the galleries. My initial suggestion/request was to have a checkbox at the bottom of these gallery pages (just like the other pages) where the admin has the option to check or not: "Notify ___ classmates this page has been updated."

I'm so sorry that I've made this so difficult.

Edited 07/12/13 4:21 PM
Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM - Response #15

This is also a huge problem for my site. I'm uploading reunion photos to galleries and every incremental upload or save, most everyone gets a "pictures have been added..." email. many complaints; very inconsistent with the rest of the Site.
As I've seen suggested on many threads, the galleries should be consistent with the rest of the site, with the default selected on Preference page at the bottom (classmate notifications) follow here too. i.e., even though I have "Do not automatically send subscriber notices unless box is manually checked before saving," a freakin' notice goes out for gallery saves.

If this can't be fixed, can I have it undone as the adminstrator above in the thread was?

Tuesday, August 13, 2013 at 6:53 PM - Response #16

Just like the other pages are set up, I thought having a check box for admins to Check (or not) "Notify __ Classmates this page has been updated" would have solved the problem for the gallery pages. With the 'tweaking" CC did on my site (above comment from Jessica), I still don't understand how my gallery pages work . . . not really sure if anyone gets notified or not when I re-activate the gallery pages.

Edited 08/13/13 6:54 PM
Friday, December 27, 2013 at 2:17 PM - Response #17

I did not deactivate and just added 3 photos to a photo gallery. I have received no email notification that photos have been added to a photo gallery. ????

Wednesday, January 1, 2014 at 1:50 AM - Response #18

We don't send a notify for gallery updates to you personally when you were the one who updated them.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.