Search

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 08/03/10 10:32 PM Views: 1570 Replies: 7
Tuesday, August 3, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Hello Kyle / Scott,

Sorry Search showed no matches! Help !!!Confused

Wednesday, August 4, 2010 at 12:23 AM - Response #1

I don't understand the question.

Sorry it is late - I have been offline - cooking dinner/eating/shopping for the past 3 hours.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 7:04 AM - Response #2

Kyle, Brad, anyone!

How long has the 'Search for' box been available on the User Forums? I've only just seen it!

When I type in a word to search for why does it come up with no results but refers me to another page that gives expanded options. Would it not be possible to give that in the first search area? It's a little confusing.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 10:10 AM - Response #3

This a perfect example of why we added the quick search box. 99% of the time people just want to do a quick keyword search, and that's what this does. You don't have to do a quick search first though to see the other options. Just click "Search" along the top. This has actually been there since day 1. With a lot of options being available in the User Forums a lot of people like you were just looking right past it. You can click this any time though and immediately start with the Advanced Search screen if you want to.

Edited 08/15/10 10:22 AM
Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 10:18 AM - Response #4

Thanks, Brad. How on earth have I not noticed it all this time?! I've now got to work out a way to 'announce' the feature to everyone else without making it obvious that I never knew it was there! Guess I'll have to lie a little.

Thanks again for not calling me names. It must have been tempting, eh?

Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 11:05 AM - Response #5

Brad,

Is the provision of a Search feature on all site pages going to be a possibilty at some time or is that only going to be possible on those pages that you have control over? I'm sure I've seen others ask the same question on these Forums but, as I seem to have been walking around with my eyes closed for fifteen months or so, I've probably not seen you're reply so I thought I'd ask anyway! Thanks for your patience.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 2:59 PM - Response #6

This may be something we add to the Advanced Options page when that's created. So Admins with large sites who want it can toggle search on or off. In the meantime there are many free search systems you can simply copy and paste to your home page, like this one:

http://www.jrank.org

Click Take A Tour on this site and you'll see how easy this is to insert.

Sunday, August 15, 2010 at 6:55 PM - Response #7

Many thanks, Brad. I'll take a look.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.