ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

No Right Click Script

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 05/03/11 11:22 PM Views: 1662 Replies: 7
Tuesday, May 3, 2011 at 11:22 PM

Is there a way to put a no right click script in your photo gallery or anywhere on your page and if so how do I go about it. I was looking but I didn't see anyone mention it previously.

Thanks as always

Clair

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 7:11 PM - Response #1

I assume you are wanting to protect something from being copied. I wish I could remember, but I saw somewhere once a 3rd party script that would Not Allow Copy. Maybe try Google?? something like "stop Copy from Website"....

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 7:20 PM - Response #2

LOL, I decided to Google that "stop Copy from Website" myself. Geez, I think Google knows everything!

Anyway, here is one of the links. Now whether this java script will work on CC, I don't know that yet.

Your text to link here...

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 7:50 PM - Response #3

Derrell - I've used this on a website, but there are easy ways around this 'protection' idea.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011 at 10:05 PM - Response #4

Thanks Derell, I actually know the script bcse I have it on another website elswhere. And John, I also know the an easy way to disable the right click script.

The question I would like answered is; Where to put it on the picture page? I do not see an open space to put it. My text I dont care about but the pictures I want to protect.

Thanks

Friday, May 6, 2011 at 9:38 PM - Response #5

Even when you disallow copying, can't some still use the Snipping Tool that is available on Vista and copy whatever is displaying on the screen?

Bob

Friday, May 6, 2011 at 10:00 PM - Response #6

Yep, Bob. And you can drag across an image and save it while it is selected.

Friday, May 6, 2011 at 11:44 PM - Response #7

There's an even simpler method to copy images in FF. Click the "favicon", more information, media and it's there for the taking. Offers a direct "Save As" - painless, I use it often.

Also view source is an instant bypass. That gives the URL location, available in all browsers and gives instant access. All it would take is a quick Google to find all the information listed here.

All in all, this script lost it's power a long time agoCool

Besides that, it's an irritating anachronism today.

-------------

Very nice background image. If you make it larger - even 1920, it will show up even better. Set the maximum width to 1920 to upload. Default is 800. Using slightly more lossy compression, image size will be around 150kb vs current image of 200k

Edited 05/06/11 11:56 PM
New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.