ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Editing Announcement Changes?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/14/21 06:50 PM Views: 3425 Replies: 3
Wednesday, April 14, 2021 at 6:50 PM

Hello,
I've been editing our very long announcements page as well as adding a survey.

1. I can no longer edit the whole announcement page. There is a section about our events schedule that shows up at the end when you want to view the home page, but not when you want edit it. I need to change that content. How do I get there? Is there a limit to the amount of content on the page? If so, when I delete some contents to make more room, the available space does not change.

2. A survey I created shows up at the end of a shadowed announcement section, but not at the end of all the announcements. Is that where any survey is placed automatically? Can it be moved to the top of the page or anywhere else?

Thanks in advance for any help can provide.

Edited 04/14/21 6:51 PM
Friday, April 16, 2021 at 12:44 PM - Response #1

Hi Donna,

Although there isn't a limit your classmates may be overwhelmed by too much content so its best to keep the page readable.

Are you referring to the area in white below the gray box of announcements? If so that white section at the very bottom is actually Home Page content edited under Edit Site Pages > Home Page > Edit Page and then scroll past the Right Hand modules edit space and you will see a section for Home Page Content.

For the survey the issue is that you have one very long announcement live that you have attached the survey to. I would make a separate small announcement at the top that contains just the necessary content related to the survey and the survey itself.

It is easier to manage announcements if you break them into smaller chunks and have each main topic as its own announcement.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Friday, April 23, 2021 at 6:11 PM - Response #2

Hi Jessica,

Thanks so much for your answer. I had looked for a couple of days to see if there was any comments and then quit looking when I didn't get any emails saying there were comments. Your explanation of differences between home pages and announcements was an embarrassment to me as I looked at our site and saw exactly what was happening. Originally when we set up the site in 2009, we knew this but over time we just kept adding to announcements and it took on a life of its own. We are back on track and have cut down both pages with a plan to reconstruct our home page fully at some point. So many thanks Jessica. We send out lots of announcements and have lots of traffic but also tend to leave them up too long. However, I do not understand how I can add more than one announcement as you recommended. Maybe when you get time, you send more step by step details? Thanks again, Donna

Friday, April 23, 2021 at 8:40 PM - Response #3

If you go to Member Functions > Post Announcements you will see that you can add as many announcements as you want and you can turn them on and off (active or inactive) so you can save them as seasonal items you edit and turn them off when the season passes. You can set start and end dates (always include an end date if you have a start date).

You can reorder them as well if you want one to be priority over the others.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.