ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Adding Music to web pages

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 07/19/08 01:22 AM Views: 3523 Replies: 25
Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 1:22 AM

Hello, I know in order to add music to any webpage you have to get the source code - BUT how do you make a free playlist and post that to your pages?? I have seen some of you all have this and I would like to add a list of music to our site...anyone help me out??

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 8:08 AM - Response #1

I need some help to put music on my web site too.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 10:14 AM - Response #2

go to playlist.com, create your playlist, create the code and then add it to your site.

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 4:56 PM - Response #3

what is a "source code" and how do I get one?

JIM

Saturday, July 19, 2008 at 5:10 PM - Response #4

When editing any page of your web site in your content editor, the "Source" button is your upper left button. You need to press this button before pasting code into your page. It may sound hard but it's really quite simple. Full directions for doing this are:

1) Access our FAQs page here: http://www.classcreator.com/faqs.html
2) Click on Questions About Building Your Site
3) Read Question #13

Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 12:50 AM - Response #5

For those of you inquiring as to how to add links to your site pages for music, videos, etc., please see my posting, "It's Easy to Add Music and Video Links to Your Site Pages!" under General Questions. That should help you out.

Good luck ~
Sandie Jung-Hansen Wink

Edited 07/20/08 1:18 AM
Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 12:52 AM - Response #6

Our Class Creator website has been a godsend for our upcoming reunion! I don't know how I would have pulled off all the planning of it now without it. The timing was perfect and I've had a blast building our site. I also enjoy seeing how so many others have been contributing by adding their own profiles and pictures. It's been a huge asset in locating our long-lost classmates and in getting to know everyone again prior to our reunion... which is only a few weeks away! So, thank you Brad Switzer and your talented team for bringing this wonderful communication vehicle to us. It's been a real blessing! Smile

Edited 07/20/08 1:14 AM
Sunday, July 20, 2008 at 2:27 AM - Response #7

Our pleasure Sandie, and thanks for the nice comments and your participation here in the new forums.

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 4:26 PM - Response #8

AAAhhh you kids...be darn if I can find a "source" button...on my task bar under "VIEW" there is a link called source but all the gives me is a bunch of garbble about where I am...Is the code there somewhere.

If I right click on my screen somtimes I get a menu that has "Encoding" on it then I click there and get some more decisions!!! Is that it?

Is the code on the page I am try to put on my website or
on the classmate website page? Or both?

Sorry to be a pain....just trying to learn.....I warned all of you!!!

JIM

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 5:18 PM - Response #9

Jim,

Are you using Safari for Mac? If so we are currently making some updates to our Mac editor, so please try using Firefox for now.

If not, then every time you edit your site you are looking at your editor. For example, go in and edit your home page content. If you can edit your home page content, then you are looking at your editor. And the "Source" button is in the upper left corner of your editor.

Every time you edit site content on any page I(the actual words and paragarphs that you can control) you are looking at your editor.

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 7:17 PM - Response #10

I am using XP at home....I will try it when I get there. Thanks for this site! Got a feeling the younger group will be able to help me alot....won't bother you so much. I had no idea how much you can do with the website! Some of those I have viewed are truly amazing!! Thanks again.....

JIM

Edited 07/21/08 7:19 PM
Monday, July 21, 2008 at 8:58 PM - Response #11

Ok I found the "source" button!!!! Now what do I do with it? I am trying to put a count down clock on the home page...How do I generate a source code for the clock? Then I paste it in the message area of the home page edit section...?

Edited 07/21/08 9:01 PM
Monday, July 21, 2008 at 9:19 PM - Response #12

You need to generate source code for your clock at whatever third party site you are using. That I can't help ya with, but most are pretty easy to use. Once you have your code, you need to click on that source button before pasting your code. Then click source again to return to your design view. You will NOT see the clock in your editor. But go ahead and save the page anyway, and then preview it live. You'll now see that your clock is on your page. Working with pasting code like this just takes a little while to get used to, but you'll see that it really is quite easy.

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 9:33 PM - Response #13

I found the source button.....I have the clok already to go...and have no idea how to generate a code...I will work on it and see what happens thanks Brad

JIM

Monday, July 21, 2008 at 10:37 PM - Response #14

By gosh I did it!!!!! Maybe I should be programing computers for NASA?!?!?!? Thanks so much Brad!!!

I cannot believe it. so I now have a count down clock on the hompage....can I put music On top of that?

And If I want to put music somewhere else I just use the same source button? Can you use different music for differnt links? Can music be put on the IN MEMORY section?

JIM

Edited 07/21/08 10:46 PM
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 2:56 PM - Response #15

OK.....I went to playlist.com...great site for sounds...picked two sings...loaded them to my play list, and believe it or not figured out how to get the code and loaded the whole ball game on to our home page.

When I logged back on.....I got music!!

Problem...I also got a picture of the "music player" on the homepage just above the count down clock! UGLY!!! There must be a way to put the sound without the picture on the home page, because I see that on other folks site!!

HELP!

Also, if I use my own CD's to create a playlist using
Microsoft Media player can I get a source code off the playlist or can you only get that code off tunes from the internet?

Edited 07/23/08 7:50 PM
Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 10:48 PM - Response #16

Any site with a domain name will soon have access to a new "File Library" feature. You will be able to upload your own files and stream them on your site. Doing this will not show the player. I'll provide instructions for this once this feature is available to you.

Wednesday, July 23, 2008 at 11:09 PM - Response #17

New BABY?

Tuesday, April 7, 2009 at 7:32 PM - Response #18

File Library fell behind many other tasks, but if all goes well will be here on April 12th.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 8:04 AM - Response #19

Brad,
The music sound track was recorded from our senior play "Oklahoma" way back in 1970, (imagine that). I would like to put all the individual songs on a player using playlist.com.
if that's possible. How do I upload first, all the songs to a URL? As you know when creating a playlist at playlist.com all the files are from URL sites. How and where can I do this so I can upload all those mp3 songs to a playlist?

Any help or suggestions you may have is greatly appreciated,

Kevin

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 10:59 AM - Response #20

Kevin - I went to playlist.com and found this page... http://www.playlist.com/help look for the question.... Can I upload music to Playlist.com? This should help.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 11:29 AM - Response #21

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

Kevin - I went to playlist.com and found this page... http://www.playlist.com/help look for the question.... Can I upload music to Playlist.com? This should help.

Hi Scott,
I checked all the FAQ on playlist site. I know I can do it but they require all mp3 files be located on the web at some other URL site... Ok but where?

Kevin

Tuesday, June 8, 2010 at 11:36 AM - Response #22

You should be able to place the mp3 file in the file vault through your site and then provide the path. To get the page, link to your mp3 once through the editor and copy the link. Give it a shot. No promises here... since I've personally never tried it, but technically speaking, it should work.

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 9:37 PM - Response #23

Thanks Scott I'll give it a try. Does that hold true for music files that were recorded over to a CD in .cda format?

Kevin

Saturday, June 12, 2010 at 10:34 PM - Response #24

No. You'll want to convert the cda file to an mp3 file and then post the mp3 to your web site. There are many software applications including several shareware ones that will do the conversion. Just Google "convert cda to mp3" to get a list.

Sunday, June 13, 2010 at 1:05 AM - Response #25

Brad, Thank you. I do have Roxio 2010, I'll check that one to.

You guys are the best!

Kevin

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.