ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Enlarge Gallery Size

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 01/05/21 07:42 AM Views: 546 Replies: 6
Tuesday, January 5, 2021 at 7:42 AM

I've redone all my website slideshows and embedded them again on different pages using Gallery Creator.

Can someone please remind me how I increase the size of the slideshow that appears on my pages.

Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 11:18 AM - Response #1

Anyone there?

Saturday, January 9, 2021 at 1:14 PM - Response #2

We can't see what you mean. So only CC can discuss your gallery. The slideshow size relies that your images are large, otherwise small images show relatively tiny.

To my knowledge there is no way to increase the size of the slideshow (besides creating some style overrides - but I do not think that's ever been done).

I made some custom slideshow code for that reason - get images to display full screen, except for teeny tiny ones.

Here's a Sample Page of one variation. I need to document the slider one still.

Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 12:59 PM - Response #3
CODE FOR SLOANE FOOTBALL SLIDESHOW.docx

Many thanks, Jack. I took a look at yours a month or two back.

What I was hoping to do was increase the size of those I've created and embedded using CC's Gallery Creator.

For instance, one of those I've embedded shows the Source Code I've copied to the attached file, and I was hoping to be able to enlarge the frame size. Would that also mean having to enlarge each individual photo to fit?

Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 3:38 PM - Response #4

I can't tell from that code since that is for YOUR site only. IOW, I can't see what you mean. I'd have to see the actual CC page here. Make a test page and unlock it so I can see what you are seeing.

I'm almost done with some code that takes an existing CC gallery and blows up the images to full screen. The script is put on the GALLERY page using the Editor in source mode for the gallery. It just occurred to me that I could do this Smile That leverages what people have already done without having to recreate anything.

It is derived from the existing slider code (not yet documented but there is an example HERE) I did which uses images stored anywhere - and are not resized in any way. That lets you get much higher quality to exactly the degree desired.

If you have small images, CC only shows them at a reduced size probably because someone decided it would be too grainy. I will have an option at what level you do not want to make them full screen. I forget ATM what I picked as a default, but probably 300 or so?

Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 6:30 PM - Response #5

iframe frameborder="0" height="390" src="class_slideshow.cfm?c=0CE28B4D-2219-24ED-AEC34CEB448CD926" width="100%">

is the Embed code (without the < and > at beginning and end) taken from the Embed option for the Football at Sloane slideshow in Photo Gallery Creator. It appears on my Sloane Sport page.

If you've got the time to take a closer look, Jack, please let me know and I'll let you have access details.

Edited 01/10/21 6:39 PM
Sunday, January 10, 2021 at 11:31 PM - Response #6

Looks like another BUG for CC here. The CSS is incorrect for "large". It doesn't change - stays at small size. Fixable by CC.

But there's another bug too - you can't preview test a gallery because s3images.classcreator.com is NOT secure. And testing puts you into secure mode. I'm amazed nobody has reported this in CHROME only. IMO, this is mistake on Chrome's part, it changes any http image load to https and then will not load. Check it out in Chrome for this bug. I doubt Chrome will change this behavior and the rest will follow.

Anyway, THIS LINK is an example of what I'm making to put on a regular Class Creator gallery pages in the Editor. It makes ALL the images accessible without having to flip pages. Click start to "slide" the images. You can also go back and forth and change the speed. Not sure I'm going to leave the speed buttons. Still playing.

I'm not into fadein type of stuff - just show the image nice and fast Smile

Edited 01/10/21 11:33 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.