ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

In Memory Pictures

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/20/09 05:24 PM Views: 1428 Replies: 4
Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I originally posted all classmate graduation pictures on their profile pages. When classmate passes away I make the appropriate change to the In Memory page and the original picture then shows up on the In Memory page. I would like to also post their obituary picture on their In Memory page resulting in a form of before and after or something like that. When I try to post the obit picture the original picture is lost. How can I have both the original and the obit picture on the In Memory page for each person? Thanks. Lee Gilmore

Thursday, August 20, 2009 at 6:04 PM - Response #1

When you mark a Classmate as deceased, the "Yearbok Photo" is automatically carried over and becomes the "Obit Photo" as you noted. That obit photo can be left as is if you'd like, or it can be swapped out with any other photo. Or it can be deleted completely. So, your options are:

1) Combine both images into 1 graphic and upload it into your obit photo area.

2) Reupload the Yearbook Photo into the Obit photo area, and then also add your Obit photo anywhere on the page.

3) Delete the Obit Photo form the Obit Photo slot and just upload any images you want directly into your layout.

I'd probably do #3. If you want to put 2 images side by side just insert a 2 column table and put 1 photo in each of the cells.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 8:15 PM - Response #2

When I have an obit for a classmate, and we've had a few, if there is a senior picture already on their page, I tabbed down 5 times before posting their obituary. That allowed the senior photo to remain. I don't know anything about wrapping, so I left it at that. You could then add an additional photo at the bottom.

Sunday, August 23, 2009 at 11:09 PM - Response #3

I have no problem entering obit info and it wraps nicely around the class photo there. However, I don't know how to add a photo at the bottom, after the obit. Can you help?

Monday, August 24, 2009 at 12:04 AM - Response #4

To add an image in the Obituary section of In Memory, just click on the IMAGE icon - It is the second one from the left side, on the top row, just right of SOURCE. Clicking on the IMAGE icon will allow you to upload an image to be inserted into the obituary text.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.