ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Save Changes button has disappeared

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/24/11 10:39 PM Views: 1288 Replies: 12
Monday, October 24, 2011 at 10:39 PM

I am trying to update survey pages, but the "ask new question" and "save changes" or "update button" has disappeared from the bottom of page. Anyone know what is going on? Thanks

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 10:52 AM - Response #1

Hi Carrie,

The only thing I can think of is that maybe your live chat feature is interfering with the display of the page. Try clicking the X to close the live chat panel at your lower right and see if that makes the difference for you.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 11:54 AM - Response #2

Eric,
Thanks for your quick response. Live chat is inactive on our website. I maintain another website through classcreator and not having that problem there. Strange happenings! lol

Carrie

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 11:56 AM - Response #3

Can you tell me which survey is giving you the trouble? Maybe it is related to the custom content you've included in that survey page.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 12:34 PM - Response #4

Yes, it is the "Class of 1964, Houston High School." Haven't checked all the survey pages, but it does occur in the others I have checked. I have been using these as regular pages (not surveys) but have been for some time, and the problem has just began lately.

The page I am working with is Alumni News.

Edited 10/25/11 12:34 PM
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 1:42 PM - Response #5

I don't see a survey by that name on your site.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 2:07 PM - Response #6
surveys.JPG

I used snipping tool to send file, hope this helps. It is on the Class of 64 website. Appreciate the time you are spending in helping.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 2:15 PM - Response #7
survey1.JPG

This is what it looks like at the bottom of my survey pages. (included a 2nd file attachment).

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 2:29 PM - Response #8

Thanks for including the screenshots, but I still don't see the problem here. Can you try snipping a larger area of the same view as in your second image above, starting in the same place and going all the way to the bottom right corner of your screen?

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 3:07 PM - Response #9
surveylargerview.JPG

Hope this is what you are requesting. I've never seen anything about live chat in bottom right corner.

Edited 10/25/11 3:13 PM
Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 3:37 PM - Response #10

Try selecting the "Tools" menu on the upper portion of your browser window. If you don't see "Compatibility Mode" there, or don't see the Tools menu, then try hitting the F12 key on your keyboard. If you do see "Compatibility Mode" click on it to enable that feature, and it should fix the problem.

If you've hit the F12 key, then look for the text that says "Browser Mode:" (a menu in the new panel that comes up) and click on that. It should bring up a menu on which you can click "Internet Explorer 8" to fix the problem. Make sure that after you click on it, the part where it says "Browser Mode:" is followed by "Internet Explorer 8". The page will reload, and then you can close the Developer Tools portion and go back to using your site.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM - Response #11
TheWayWeWore.JPG

Eric,
Sorry to be such a pain, but this doesn't work either. I am attaching a file from another subscription I have with class creator and it works fine there. I am accessing this from same pc. I tried Class of 64 on another pc and it doesn't show there either. I am using IE9. I don't believe it to be in my pc settings as it works on one website and not the other.

Wednesday, October 26, 2011 at 10:39 AM - Response #12

I think I fixed it. Take a look.

The problem is that you pasted content from Microsoft Word, which uses a set of formatting instructions similar to, but not the same as those used by webpages. Those instructions were causing the ones on the website to not work properly.

When pasting content from Word into the editor, you must use the "Paste From Word" button which looks like a little clipboard with a "W" on it. This will strip out the instructions which are incompatible with the website.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.