ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Need Help with In Memory Page

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/22/10 08:36 AM Views: 1376 Replies: 2
Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 8:36 AM

Hi CC Staff,

I need help with the In Memory Page. One of our teachers passed away. I added the teacher as a guest member, and then went to Edit Page, selected the In Memory page. Found the teacher's name, selected the year of death - 2010. Then clicked on Save Changes. The teacher's name, Leonard Skinner, does not show up in the 2010 deceased area. His name shows as a guest member. I also put the newspaper article in the In memory page selection but nothing shows up with his name in that area.

And, yes, this is the infamous coach that the Lynyrd Skynrd named their band after.

Can you help me? Several of the alumni want to post their comments about the coach but I can't get his name to show in in the In Memory area. Thanks.

Pam Murray
Lee Class of '68
Jax., FL

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 8:42 AM - Response #1

The coach is there, just look at the very bottom of the page - it can be found under 2010 for GUESTS.

To make it easy for classmates to find, you could paste the link to the coaches In Memory page on your home page. Then classmates could click on that link and be directed to the coaches page where they could leave comments.

To do this, first go to your In Memory page, scroll down to the bottom and right-click on the coaches In Memory link and choose "Copy Link Location"
Then Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page content, click on where you want to put the link, type "Click HERE for Coach's obituary":then select the "Click HERE...." text and click on INSERT/EDIT LINK. Paste the URL location you copied from step 1 and click OK and your link will be made.

Wednesday, September 22, 2010 at 6:06 PM - Response #2

Pam Murray wrote:

...yes, this is the infamous coach that the Lynyrd Skynrd named their band after.

Heard about Coach Skinner's passing on NPR yesterday. RIP

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.