ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Amalgamating Topics on a User Forums Forum

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/02/16 10:12 AM Views: 975 Replies: 7
Sunday, October 2, 2016 at 10:12 AM

Is there a way of adding the entries under a Topic on a particular Forum on the User Forums to another Topic on the same Forum?

The two Topics I have in mind relate to the same subject and would be better covered under the same Topic heading.

I don't want to move either of them to another Forum, I know how to do that, but just want to combine them.
Thanks

Tuesday, October 4, 2016 at 12:51 PM - Response #1

The only way I can think of would be for you to copy and paste them to the other topic. Of course the result would be that it appears that you made the post rather than the original author.

Sunday, October 9, 2016 at 11:50 AM - Response #2

Thanks, Scott. I've a vague memory of asking the same question a few years ago but was hoping it was now a possibility. I might copy and paste though.

By the way, I'm not getting notifications of all posts on these Forums, even though I've chosen to receive them, then once in a blue moon I'll get one. Can you check why, please.

Monday, October 10, 2016 at 1:26 PM - Response #3

I'll look into why the notification did not fire.

Monday, October 10, 2016 at 1:44 PM - Response #4

I just got notification of first post(10/2) today. That's actually pretty much how these forum posts have always been - very erratic. Sometimes right away (within minutes) and sometimes over a week like now and sometimes never. Wink

Monday, October 10, 2016 at 3:12 PM - Response #6

Odd. I wonder why they are erratic?

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.