ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Request to add name without personal information..

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 09/06/08 03:51 PM Views: 1289 Replies: 5
Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 3:51 PM

I am not sure if this is a problem with anyone else but I get request to add name without the required information.

I suggest that a block for:
1. Last Name: _______________
2. First Name:_______________
3. Maiden Name:______________ (If applicable)

be added to the contact box when the Contact option in the Classmate Profiles is used.

Saturday, September 6, 2008 at 4:26 PM - Response #1

I dont' get it. The bottom of your Classmate Profiles page has a contact link that links to your main contact form. And on that form Name, Email Address, and Subject are already required. Thus it would be impossible to send you emails with this information blank. Are people possibly emailing you privately and you're thinking the emails are coming from your web site? The contact form on the bottom of Profiles also has required fields.

So ya got me stumped... If these emails are not coming to you privately, and you know where they're coming from on your site, please tell me. Smile

Edited 09/06/08 4:27 PM
Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:04 PM - Response #2

Hi Brad,

See the e-mail I forwarded to you, info@classcreator.com

I believe that I received the same type of message (described in the above forum). It seemed to have two e-mail addresses for the person's name and a third e-mail address for their e-mail address. The e-mail address for the request was in the form of "rickysue@prodigy.net.mx",
so it was from MEXICO, so I just assumed it was spam or someone (not a classmate) trying to gain access.

I did reply to the original e-mail sent to me that I didn't know the name of the person requesting, so I couldn't add them to the classmate list. I never received a reply.

So it seems that the e-mail was sent by my "If you need the system password please send a message to the Site Administrator. All fields below are required." form, but for the name, they didn't include a correct name (two e-mail addresses).

Hope this helps

Monday, September 8, 2008 at 11:48 PM - Response #3

It's funny, I never realized some email programs don't show the sender's name. Like AOL 9.0 for example. We're going to append all required fields into the body area of the message itself -- this way any emails programs that don't show any of those fields will not stop the recipient from seeing the sender's name, subject, and email address.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 12:34 AM - Response #4

In that case, shouldn't the "Last Name" field be the last name they were known as in high school (maiden name if a girl), because if they reply as "Susan Smith" and they were known as "Susan Jones" in high school, I won't know any "Susan Smith" and not add her to the class list.

Tuesday, September 9, 2008 at 12:43 AM - Response #5

People who fill out the contact form may be a Classmate, and may not be. If somebody writes in using a last name you don't recognize, I'd simply reply and confirm who the Classmate is.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.