ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Option to override duplicates in File Vault

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 01/04/11 02:21 PM Views: 1248 Replies: 5
Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 2:21 PM

When uploading files to the vault, duplicates get assigned an incremental "tag" number (after the popup notice) vs just the option to just replace the file.

I suggest you add an option to the popup to allow overriding/replacing the file - keeping the name the same. That reduces the work required to maintain and update the site and is normally how web sites are maintained.

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 3:05 PM - Response #1

I'll pass that along for consideration. Thanks.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 7:25 PM - Response #2

Here Here! I too often find myself uploading a picture that I had already loaded, would love an override!

Wednesday, January 5, 2011 at 9:32 PM - Response #3

Choice of using the existing one, Overwrite it or Rename the second one.

(Sometimes I forget I've uploaded the image before.)

Friday, January 7, 2011 at 12:42 PM - Response #4

The consensus here is that while we would like to make this improvement, it does not make sense to do this work on our current FCK Editor configuration. Once we upgrade to the next editor, we can look at tweaking it's functionality with these kind of enhancements. I've added it to our enhancements wishlist.

Friday, January 7, 2011 at 12:42 PM - Response #5

The consensus here is that while we would like to make this improvement, it does not make sense to do this work on our current FCK Editor configuration. Once we upgrade to the next editor, we can look at tweaking it's functionality with these kind of enhancements. I've added it to our enhancements wishlist.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.