ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Password reset email not shown in sent folder

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 06/08/21 10:39 AM Views: 3420 Replies: 3
Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 10:39 AM

A classmate forgot their password. No problem, I sent them a reset link.

The problem on my end is that I see no record of the reset email being sent in the sent folder of my administrator email account. This concerns me as I would like to be assured that she did receive her email reset.

Tuesday, June 8, 2021 at 10:50 AM - Response #1

The system doesn't store a password reset email request. It just sends the request. They can send themselves a request on the Sign In page un - under the login/password box there is a Forgot Password link they can use to initiate it themselves.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Sunday, September 26, 2021 at 7:58 PM - Response #2

Actually seeing password reset emails to members & any results (i.e. bounced or not) would be a good diagnostic tool for admins?

The past couple of days, we've had a member complaining he can't reset his password. We've tried his original login email, and a second one he had. Both are active, current email addresses. He's tried reseting and keeps saying he isn't getting the password reset link email from the website and after multiple attempts by the member, and by an admin (me) forcing a password reset from their Profile Details page.

Do "bounced emails" from these password reset notifications get logged anywhere, like the "bounced emails" from other "reunion webite" notifications?

Allen.

Jessica wrote:

The system doesn't store a password reset email request. It just sends the request. They can send themselves a request on the Sign In page un - under the login/password box there is a Forgot Password link they can use to initiate it themselves.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Monday, September 27, 2021 at 12:20 AM - Response #3

Yes it should bounce if it is not a valid email address.

You can change their password under Admin Functions > Manage Classmates > Enter/edit Classmates > Details page. Give them a simple password that they can use yo get in and hand them change it once logged in under their Member Functions > Change Password.

Jessica

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.