ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Conversion to PDF Format

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/11/14 11:56 AM Views: 964 Replies: 9
Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 11:56 AM

To Whom it May Concern at Corporate,

I know you folks are very busy, however, as an assistant site coordinator, I have already posed this question via voicemail left via the auto attendant hoping for a real time (telephone) conversation on May 1, 2014.
Having not heard back from anyone on May 5, 2014 I sent a private email to Class Creator staff member, which I have not heard back from that specific person as of yet.
So I am posting this question here as well, in hopes of getting my question addressed.

The, “Bounce-back Email List from Classmates” seems to be getting longer as opposed to shorter. So, as not to offend any classmates, I have not tried placing direct phone calls to classmates as a common courtesy. What I would like to do is make a copy of the entire list of bounce-back emails, and create a PDF doc. Attaching it with a group distribution list to all Classmates. Sending it out to all of our classmates, would be in hopes they may be able to get some assistance to the people in the trenches, as it were to notify a possible friend, or confidant on the (Bounce Back) list personally to alert them to update the contact info, but I cannot seem to locate that option in, “Email The Class” in the Admin Section.
I have posed this question 4 times now, and would really appreciate your time with advice as the clock is ticking for reunion scheduling.
Please also advise me of where I should be posting questions like this for a response by your staff.

Thank you for your time…

Casey Pons
caseypons@yahoo.com
You can even send smoke signals if that’s your mode of communication. Ha, Ha…

Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 2:44 PM - Response #1

Casey,

Sorry, this is the first time I have seen your question.

Here is how you can get a list of bounced emails... Manage Classmates, Download Class List, make sure to mark the "Email Status" column and the name column(s) and email address if you want to include that in your PDF file.

Download the list to a spreadsheet, sort on the Email Status column, delete the rows of classmates without an "Email Status". You should see "Bounced" and "Not Joined" in the Email Status column. "Not Joined" means they have not joined your website yet.

Save the new spreadsheet as a PDF file. (you could re-sort it by name if you wanted first)

Create your email you want in the EMAIL THE CLASS, then type "Click HERE for the PDF file", select the "Click HERE..." message, click the INSERT LINK option and then browse your local hard drive for the PDF file you saved. Insert a link to the file, which will upload it to your File Vault. Send the e-mail to your classmates.

Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 5:35 PM - Response #2

I have two classmates showing bounced emails from a group email sent on 4-19-14. The details on one of the bounced emails stated the person doesn't have a yahoo account. I've sent two other group emails (4/22 and 5/4) and those two emails did not bounce. I checked and the classmate has not made a change to the yahoo email address in his profile. Once an email has bounced due to a bad email address, will we not be notified again with future emails that are sent?

Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 10:29 PM - Response #3

Kyle,

Thank you so much for your reply, I have forwarded your reply to my Class Admin person, as he posed this question to me, thus my primary need to get the Boss his answer.
I will get back to you.
Once again, I appreciate your timely response, as my email may have been misplaced, this happens.

Best Regards,

Casey

Sunday, May 11, 2014 at 10:33 PM - Response #4

Rhonda,

I would think that you could expect to receive continual "bounce backs" in reply to multiple group distribution emails, if those same individuals are included in your addressed group class mailings.

Thanks for your reply.

Casey

Monday, May 12, 2014 at 7:47 AM - Response #5

OK Kyle.... Let’s see if we can’t get this bird to fly. Just to clarify where Jerry (and I sorta) are already: If you go to; Admin Functions, then select; Email The Class, in the Upper Right Corner you see a link cell “View Bouncebacks”

This will give us a list of the current classmates we need to contact. OK…2 clicks... and we have our list already

What I understand our Admin Person is trying to do is copy this list in the Excel highlighted 4 column doc, onto his clipboard, take that list and convert it from a word doc to a PDF. Doc.

Here you have the option to select any and or all classmates. Choosing all (Or Not) will include those who are previously included on the “Bounceback” list.

Now, is where Administrator Jerry/mine concern takes place.

Once you have your “Preferred Recipient” list on your clipboard, go back one page to; “Email The Class” again, compose your email and click the icon for “Convert Clipboard To PDF” and attach it to the “Email The Class” memo asking them to please, read the PDF and look for someone you know on the “Bounceback” list and rattle their chain, send smoke signals, SOS telegraph. Beat drums…you get the picture.

That one step is what we are lacking, “Convert Clipboard To PDF” Sounds simple right.

I have been a Telephony guy since before Alex Bell. I love real-time simultaneous conversing, as it saves time, and it’s extremely interactive. One 3 minute telephone conversation, bang you're all done.

Thanks Kyle, I appreciate your time and the patience you have displayed.

Casey Pone
Operators standing by to take your calls…Ha, Ha, Ha…

Edited 05/12/14 8:19 AM
Monday, May 12, 2014 at 8:34 AM - Response #6

Here are the instructions you will need to insert the PDF into an EMAIL THE CLASS message. (you cannot ATTACH a PDF, only insert a link to a PDF that is stored in your File Vault)

Create your email you want in the EMAIL THE CLASS, then type "Click HERE for the PDF file", select the "Click HERE..." message, click the INSERT LINK option and then browse your local hard drive for the PDF file you saved. Insert a link to the file, which will upload it to your File Vault. Send the e-mail to your classmates.

Monday, May 12, 2014 at 8:52 AM - Response #7

Kyle,

Thanks for clarifying these steps.

Casey

Monday, May 12, 2014 at 9:11 AM - Response #8

Here are the phone numbers if you need further help.

Customer Service:
Operators are available Monday through Friday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST.
Phone: 734-340-3102
Fax: 734-340-3109

Monday, May 12, 2014 at 9:55 AM - Response #9

Kyle,

I have no idea of your day job, but you should be someone involved with conveying info to others, as you posses the qualities required, in my humble opinion.

Thank You, Sir...

Casey Pons

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.