ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

mouse overs

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/25/08 11:01 PM Views: 1361 Replies: 8
Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 11:01 PM

I was at a business web site last night where I saw what is called a mouse over. Is it possible to do that on my site? If so, how do I go about doing it? Thanks for any help. Tam

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 12:21 AM - Response #1

yes you can do it on uploaded pictures if that is what you're refering to. On my site go to reunion pictures and pass the mouse over any picture to see names. You can do this in the editor mode by labeling the pictures.
Curly Harman

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 7:00 AM - Response #2

Thanks. What I actually saw was one image on top of another. I do like your display as well. Tam

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 8:37 AM - Response #3

I like the format at the top of you home page. How did you get that or where did you get it? I like it.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 8:46 AM - Response #4

If you go to change design under your admin functions, you can choose which decade applies to your class. This is a new feature which I believe became activated yesterday. Good luck with your site. Tam

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 2:22 AM - Response #5

Tamson Will wrote:

I was at a business web site last night where I saw what is called a mouse over. Is it possible to do that on my site? If so, how do I go about doing it? Thanks for any help. Tam

Mouseovers are typically somethign you'd program into your site with html. Just curious though, can you explain what you're looking to do exactly?

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 4:52 AM - Response #6

The site that I mentioned had a Penn State Lions logo underneath a representative image of the business. You wouldn't have known it was there until you ran your mouse over it and it caught your eye. I was thinking of putting a reunion group photo underneath an open book image such as a yearbook. I am just looking for something clever to get people's attention once the reunion occurs. Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 11:53 PM - Response #7

Well, you're getting into custom generated stuff. Which is fine -- but you'll have to go learn something to make this type of custom effect.

For instance, this could be done with gif animation, dhtml layers, Flash, or more rudimentary swap and replace image on mouseovers.

Personally, I'd learn Flash, make it in Flash, and upload your swf file to the server, and embed it on your site. There are a variety of easier programs than Flash, too, that will export your work in the .swf format.

When you get into this type of custom work, you either have to make it yourself, or hire somebody to make it for you.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008 at 6:00 AM - Response #8

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Brad. I do have someone who will either talk me through the process or do it for me. Thanks for your starting point. I'm anxious to see how it turns out. It won't be until after the reunion which will give me time to experiment.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.