ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Paying an unspecified amount

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/02/11 05:39 PM Views: 1215 Replies: 4
Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 5:39 PM

I would like to have a method of donating money to our class committee to defray costs over and above the specific amounts for each event. The present fields appear to require a set amount in the "Cost" field. I want them to be able to put an amount in there. Can that work? Also, anyway to change the term "Quantity" to read "NR Attending"?
Thanks

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 5:44 PM - Response #1

In the Reunion Planner, EDIT, when you add a new item for sale, if you give it a price of "8888", that is an internal key that says to let the classmate choose how much they want to donate.

I don't understand what you mean by "Also, anyway to change the term "Quantity" to read "NR Attending"?" question.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 6:08 PM - Response #2

Wynn Phillips wrote:

I would like to have a method of donating money to our class committee to defray costs ...
Thanks

You could also use the Donate option separate from the Reunion? Set up for PayPal, but you could make a special page and allow for either. Click on the Donate button on our home page to see an example of incorporating the CC code into your own page.

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 6:16 PM - Response #3

I appreciate your quick response. I added the donation item and it looks like it works!

I wasn't too clear. The terms of "Items you have Ordered" apply more to selling things rather than people attending events. Any way to change the titles on columns to be more "event friendly"? No big deal.

One last New item

I had set up our bank account with routing nr and account number. The system sent two amounts to our account and I put those in and all was verified. That was under the first reunion planner where we were not having people pay. When I reset all to build the planner that is now in place, the verify status of our checking account is "pending" and I have not received any amounts in our checking account.

Thanks for your help. My classmates thing I am a real whiz with this website. Of course I take the glory and you do the work. Smile

Thursday, June 2, 2011 at 6:32 PM - Response #4

Wynn,

Is your account number right? It only shows 4 digits. The deposits should be in your account by now. Maybe they were delayed by Memorial Day.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.