ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Building a Small Business Website At CC

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 11/10/10 11:37 AM Views: 1983 Replies: 4
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at 11:37 AM

I posted in the "Share Your Site" Forum about my use of Class Creator to launch a new website specifically designed to sell a book about a majestic mountain camp in Arizona. READ THREAD.

At the request of several who commented on this re-purposing of the Class Creator system, I've prepared an article on the six steps to creating a similar site for yourself or for a friend.

Here's a link to my new ReunionWebCoach.com site which reflects a partnership with Class Creator which has been in development for a few months.

Once at the site, click on the "Coach's Blackboard" link, then on the link at the top of that page labeled "Creating A Business Site on Class Creator".

One of the suggestions Brad wanted me to include is that when you are setting up your CC site using the wizard for a non-class reunion purpose, you'll be required to enter a 'year' for your class. Just chose any year before 1940. You'll be editing out the year later in my 6 step process and selecting a year prior to 1940 won't block that school name use by a 'real' class with that name.

Within my article is a link to an 8.5x14 (legal) PDF showing the step-by-step process.

As I point out in the article, this solution is easy.

Now that you have the experience of being an admin and a webmaster using the Class Creator toolbox, you've got a skill you can pass on to a relative, friend or classmate to help them set up a small website. Maybe make a few extra bucks while you're at it.

Don't forget Class Creator offers a $50 payout for each site launched using your Refer a Friend code. (Click on the Refer A Friend link under Admin Rights for details and conditions.)

Who do YOU know who could use a website such as Mingus Mountain Press?

The PDF is copyrighted. Please enjoy, learn, and use; but please don't post direct links to the PDF elsewhere on the Internet. Pass along the link to ReunionWebCoach.com instead. Thanks.

Edited 11/10/10 11:57 AM
Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at 12:44 PM - Response #1

Great post John, I'm sure that will be helpful to a lot of people... now if you could only get Brad to delete the last bit of it being a high school site... that very small link for Class Creator in the lower right corner that says:

Start your own high school class web site.

Not a real problem but if the site was used for a business, it would look kinda of out of place.

Wednesday, November 10, 2010 at 1:13 PM - Response #2

Ken Kelsey wrote:

...now if you could only get Brad to delete the last bit of it being a high school site... that very small link for Class Creator in the lower right corner that says:

Start your own high school class web site.

Not a real problem but if the site was used for a business, it would look kinda of out of place.

Thanks, Ken for your comments.

Since there's no "Year" associated with this kind of site, perhaps CC could create a trigger that would change this message for sites where the "year" is not a logical number -- and send it to a new 'landing page' at CC with information on using the CC tools for small business sites.

Sunday, January 30, 2011 at 6:14 PM - Response #3

Hi John,
I am trying to build a community website for an important local issue.
I cannot access the Coaches Blackboard in ReunionWebCoach.com and thus to Creating a Business Site on Class Creator.
I need a username and password.

Can you please help?

Thanks

Michael

Monday, March 28, 2011 at 1:47 PM - Response #4

Thanks for the info. I've got a book launch in October and wanted to do a CC site, but was concerned about the size of content on the opening page. Seeing how you did yours let's me know I can do what I need to with mine. And, of course, working with CC is a "no-brainer" choice!

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.