ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

How can I view what's in my "File Vault Space"

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 09/21/10 06:35 PM Views: 2041 Replies: 9
Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 6:35 PM

It seems that I have a lot more space used in my "File Vault" than I expected. I'm wondering when I upload a large image and the site re-sizes it, does it put the smaller version in the file vault, or just display it smaller. Is it possible there are files that got uploaded and then weren't used? For example I uploaded a batch of songs to the player wiget, but it only displays one song, so I uploaded the files again one at a time to get them to show up in the widget... Do I now have multiple copies of these files in my vault? Is there any way I can see what files I have stored in the vault and remove those that are not needed or in the case of images, replace large ones with smaller ones? Thank you.

Tuesday, September 21, 2010 at 7:59 PM - Response #1

Jim,

You have over 20 mp3 files in your file vault. To see the files, go to Edit Site Pages, Edit Home Page, INSERT/EDIT LINK, then click on the File Vault button. This will show the file vault where MP3 files are stored.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 4:17 PM - Response #2

I cannot access my file vault....I click and all I get is Internet Explorer's 'aboutblank' page... which is (of course) a blank page.

I just tried the answer to the above question and cannot find the INSERT/EDIT LINK, let alone the file vault button.

I promise not to go out on the streets over this one! LOL

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 4:49 PM - Response #3

Look on the left admin menu links. Find the one that says "EDIT SITE PAGES". Then click on the HOME PAGE EDIT button. Scroll down the screen to the editor. Look on the 2nd row of icons, on the right side. You will see one that says "INSERT/EDIT LINK" when you put your mouse over that icon. Then you will see the FILE VAULT button.

Barbara, you don't have a lot to worry about. When I looked, the message I got was "Currently storing 9.89 MB of available 1000 MB (at 0.99% capacity)"

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 6:17 PM - Response #4
Vault edit box.jpg

I do not get an insert/edit link button... I get a blue world split and with a chain representing a link... i hit that and come up with the following BLUE file valt button, when I click it, it turns yellow and sends me to an empty web site called aboutblank, (couldn't get a print screen shot on it...tried!

Edited 12/04/11 6:20 PM
Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 6:22 PM - Response #5

We're just starting so I'm not worried about space at the moment... but the saved drafts of pages I might want to go back to, using the same picture that I've had to upload three or more times... I really will down the road need to get into that file vault.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 9:17 PM - Response #6

Barbara,

To find out if it is a local problem or a system problem, try a different browser. If you are using FireFox, then try Internet Explorer. If using IE, try FireFox. If it works in the new browser, it probably means there is a setting on your main browser that is conflicting with the editor/file vault.

We haven't had many complaints about not accessing the file vault since the editor was upgraded before Thanksgiving.

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 10:54 PM - Response #7

Thanks... will have to try Firefox (I use IE)... I asked Jim (class of 61, and a neighbor believe it or not... we're both living in Central OR a mile apart and didn't know it until the Class Creator came into my life) to direct me and he could get in using Firefox...

Sunday, December 4, 2011 at 11:10 PM - Response #8

www.mozilla.com or www.firefox.com will let you download it.

Monday, December 5, 2011 at 12:03 AM - Response #9

THANKS! After I solve a member not being able to sign in, I'll switch over to Modzilla and download my vault...

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.