ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

HELP!

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/12/09 03:40 PM Views: 1192 Replies: 3
Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 3:40 PM

I honestly don't know what I did, but my homepage is messed up after putting a countdown clock on it. Please help me with the messurements as I seem to mess it even more when I try to change something.

Thanks so much!
DawnCrying or Very sad

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 3:49 PM - Response #1

If you ever see you Announcements blown out like this, the best thing to do is deactivate each of your Announcements 1 by 1, each time previwing your home page to see if it's fixed the problem, until you've determined the exact Announcement that is the culprit.

I did that on your 3 Announcements and saw ritht away that the issue was in Announcement #3. So I looked in the code for that Announcement and noticed at the very top of your page you had a

tag (which is basically an empty container) set to 450 pixels wide, which is wider than your entire Announcements board. Had you had anything inside of the div I would have just set the size down to 380 instead of 450, but in this case it was just a totally blank container anyway, so I just deleting the div entirely, fixing the problem.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 3:53 PM - Response #2

Just FYI, try to use descriptive item titles whenever possible. Something like "Help, my Announcements are covering my login box and I don't know why" helps other people with the same issue easily find the solution.

Tuesday, May 12, 2009 at 10:25 PM - Response #3

I sure will Brad. Thank you so much for helping me with the problem! Very Happy

Dawn

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.