ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Then and Now Photos?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 04/25/10 01:07 PM Views: 2452 Replies: 21
Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 1:07 PM

I know I've read something on this and I cannot find it by searching. I am starting to plan out another site for my graduating class (my current site is a non-school site). To make best use of my time, I am planning out on paper first. I am looking to make one page showing all classmates with their yearbook photo and current photo side-by-side. Any suggestions for how to do this other than with a table? My concern is how I would be impacting my total storage with all these photos.

Thanks.

Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 5:43 PM - Response #1

We're going to put in a feature for this when time permits. How many photos will you need to add?

Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 8:04 PM - Response #2

About 510 yearbook photos and then the "now" photos. I only have about 75 of those right now but I'd hope that many more submit them to me to post.

Sunday, April 25, 2010 at 10:57 PM - Response #3

Ok. Assuming you're putting the photos side by side, thus keeping them somewhat reasonable in size, I predict this venture will consume 15% of your total File Vault space. Give or take 5% probably.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 8:49 AM - Response #4

Currently they are sized at about 155 X 190 and 35 - 40 kb. Good? Obviously, it will take me some time to build this but just wanted to be sure before I started.

Monday, April 26, 2010 at 9:57 AM - Response #5

Good. At that size you're looking at right about 20% of File Vault space.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 12:11 PM - Response #6

Hi,

Have you now added the 'then and now' feature on class creator. We are just creating our group site for 25th year reunion this year and this feature can be very exciting for all as most of our batchmates have hardly seen each other since we left the school. Ours batch strength is 250. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards,
Shrikabt

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 1:47 PM - Response #7

Comin' up after the big system restructure, currently ongoing.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010 at 11:18 PM - Response #8

Good to know that. Any tentative timelines?

Thursday, October 14, 2010 at 11:38 AM - Response #9

Definitely sometime into 2011, the system restructure ongoing is a massive overhaul of the entire system. It will make way for all kinds of neat new things though next year.

Friday, November 5, 2010 at 12:12 AM - Response #10

Cool. I'm looking for something like this too. Right now I'm just uploading yearbook pictures to their main profile pic in addition to their yearbook picture. This way if they upload any more current pictures in their profile their old pic is in there too for comparison. Just not side by side but it'll work for now.

Monday, January 3, 2011 at 7:16 PM - Response #11

Do we have an ETA on this project. I know that it will be in 2011 but will it be in the first quarter, last quarter? Just want to know how long I have to plan for this great enhancement.

George

Tuesday, January 4, 2011 at 2:02 PM - Response #12

Currently working on very large system restructuring, I don't see any reason we can't work this into Q2.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 5:49 AM - Response #13

Has this been installed yet? the Photos Then and Now showing side by side?

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 at 8:29 AM - Response #14

The ClassCreator 3.0 stuff is taking longer than expected. The Then and Now has taken a back seat, but it is still on the wishlist.

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 3:48 PM - Response #15

Just saw the Edit Now and Then Button when uploading a picture to my profile. I selected two photos. Where do they display?

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 3:52 PM - Response #16

That feature isn't ready for use yet (not working yet).

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 3:54 PM - Response #17

Will there be an announcement of when this feature is available? It has taken longer than I thought it would take.

George

Wednesday, June 13, 2012 at 4:27 PM - Response #18

Unfortunately, we are unable to provide reliable estimates of when any particular planned development will be completed.

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 10:25 AM - Response #19

I see the option for Then and Now photos. Where do you see these photos? I'd like to review to see how they appear on a classmate's profile before updating classmates or sending out an email telling them about this feature.

Friday, July 20, 2012 at 11:18 AM - Response #20

That feature isn't ready for use yet (not working yet).

Thursday, September 6, 2012 at 3:56 PM - Response #21

Hi Kyle,

Just recently had some user comments on the Then and Now feature. One of the biggest complaints is that users can't choose the already uploaded yearbook photo as the Then photo. Hopefully, a fix for that is in the works? Otherwise, great idea! I actually created a bunch of then n now slideshows on slide.com (before it went defunct) The page displayed links that caused the slideshow to pop-out with cool transitions between the then and now photos. The code is still on my site if you want to check it out.

Thanks for all you do.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.