ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

multiple websites

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 10/25/08 05:27 PM Views: 4852 Replies: 13
Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 5:27 PM

I have 2 websites...1 for my high school class & 1
for my 8th grade class. I use 1 email address.
Until today I could access only 1 site at a time.
Now when I log in to one site I seem to automatically
This wouldn't be a problem since I go from one site
to the other frequently.
However, the second site that logs in automatically
does not allow me access to the administrative links.
So I need to log out of the first site and then log
in the second to have adminstrative access.
What has happened?

Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 9:19 PM - Response #1

I also help my husband with his class website, classcreator.com/bement-il-1990. When I access his site without logging out of my class website it says I am logged in on his site as myself. There is no place for me to logout from his site to log in as him on his site. UGH!

Saturday, October 25, 2008 at 9:32 PM - Response #2

That's the really weird part...when you can't
log out from a site.

I started the second website about a month ago
and until today could only access one site at
a time because I use the same email address.

My question is how can I be logged in on both
sites (without actually logging in on the 2nd
one)& then not be able to access the adminstrative
functions PLUS not be able to log out since there
is no link visible to do so?

Something has changed and I don't know why.

Sunday, October 26, 2008 at 11:30 AM - Response #3

I, too, have two web sites and access only to one, which I can't seem to log out of. The second advises me that I'm logged in to it, but no administrative features are displayed.

I would like to change the second to another email address and put my husband down as administrator in hopes that will solve the problem but can't figure out how to do this without access to administrative pages. Help!

Thanks,
Carole

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 8:24 PM - Response #4

I'm going to have a programmer investigate this. We just changed cookie types to increase security and I suspect it's causing the multiple site login issues being reported here.

Monday, October 27, 2008 at 8:44 PM - Response #5

Okay, I made some changes over the weekend that allowed us to be a little more secure in the way we did authentication.

But it erroneously marks you as "logged in" even when you're on a site that isn't yours.

That should be resolved now.

BTW, if you have two sites with domain names, you *CAN* be logged into both sites at the same time.

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 2:16 AM - Response #6

Thank you Rick. I'm seriously glad YOU answered this one. Smile

Tuesday, October 28, 2008 at 9:49 AM - Response #7

Many thanks, Rick, for resolving the problem.

Monday, May 23, 2022 at 7:47 AM - Response #8

I have 2 class creator websites and I used to be able to be on both sites at the same time but, now when I'm logged into one site and need to go to the 2nd site, I'm automatically logged out of the 1st site. I need to be able to go back and forth. This thread is very old but it appears the "CAN" be logged into both sites at the same time no longer works. I really need to be able to go back and forth without having to login/logout constantly.

Also, is there a way for me to either have access to or copy some of my Vault clip art from jmhs1969 to jmhs1970?
Thanks

Monday, May 23, 2022 at 9:48 AM - Response #9

Just a thought --- If you can't log onto both sites at the same time using the same browser, maybe you can log onto both of them simultaneously using different browsers. Of course, this would not be as convenient as using the same browser.

Monday, May 23, 2022 at 1:17 PM - Response #10

Thank you so much for your great suggestion. Yes, I can logon to both sites using 2 different browsers (Safari and Firefox). A detriment to working but a decent work-around that I'll have to use to get things done more efficiently. I'd prefer to have the functionality back the way it used to be.
Thanks again, Liz

Monday, May 23, 2022 at 9:49 PM - Response #11

Cookies are stored by domain name. So if you have a domain name it worked with two different domains - in the original system.

However, since CC went to https and a lot of actions result in going to classcreator.com (regardless of domain) that means it can't be resolved using cookies. I think the "bug" talked about here is related to that issue originally in cookie retrieval.

Wednesday, May 25, 2022 at 10:55 AM - Response #12

Liz Ballenger [JMHS 1969] wrote:

Also, is there a way for me to either have access to or copy some of my Vault clip art from jmhs1969 to jmhs1970?
Thanks

You can always download a file from the first site's vault and upload it to the second site's vault. But it's easy to access/reference one site's vault from another site. Look at the source on any page that references a photo in the vault on one site, copy/paste that reference line to a page on the second site using the source for that page. After that, you can expand the page by duplicating that line and changing the actual file name to any other file in the first site's vault.

Friday, May 27, 2022 at 1:52 PM - Response #13

Hi Liz,

As you mentioned above you do need two browsers if you are working on them at the same time.

Because both sites are on the same system you can copy and paste images from one to the other - the only issue there is if you delete it from one it deletes it from both so you might want the images in both file vaults.

If you are in the file vault you can right click on any image and choose the download option. On the file vault for the second site there is an upload option at the top of the file vault window were you can upload it on the other site.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.