ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

iPad use for site editing duties [and other items]

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/03/13 02:56 PM Views: 1017 Replies: 7
Friday, May 3, 2013 at 2:56 PM

I would like to here from any site admin's who use an iPad for creating/modifying site pages, emailing via their site, etc.

I have an admin. who uses an iPad who is having difficulty, and I am COMPLETELY clueless as to how an iPad works.

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 3:35 PM - Response #1

I have found that when using the Edit Site Pages on the iPad, if the page is LANDSCAPE view it works best. It will also work best if the page you want to edit is on the first page (don't scroll vertically). If you scroll any amount vertically, the buttons don't work correctly, but you can still edit a page by holding the button down and choosing OPEN IN A NEW WINDOW.

Exact directions for the iPad....
Edit Site Pages
click on the row you want the buttons to appear
click on the EDIT PAGE button and hold (if you tap the button, it doesn't work usually).
When the menu comes up, choose OPEN IN NEW TAB menu choice.
Edit the page and save the changes.

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 3:46 PM - Response #2

Looking recently at my Step Son's IPAD, there are things that just do not display on IPAD as it does on Internet Explorer, or Firefox on a PC.

I find the same thing with my new Kindle Fire HD, or Windows Phone 8.

As a result, I am not a big fan of editing what I can't always see on an IPAD, Kindle, or Smartphone.

I have suggested to my admin's to go to the library to use a REAL computer...........FOFL, sorry for that bit of sarcasm, but I am certainly not an IPAD fan. BUT, a new Windows 8 Tablet works wonderful. Very HappyVery Happy

Edited 05/03/13 3:47 PM
Friday, May 3, 2013 at 4:45 PM - Response #3

I use my Ipad occasionally for editing but I use a Mac the rest of the time so they are pretty similar. I find a few things that I have problems with after the upgrade but for the most part things aren't much different from when I used the pc. There are some things that don't work on an Ipad that work on the Mac because it lacks the flash reader. But the views remain the same. It just takes some getting used to. I find that if I copy something from the home page it will add ? marks in weird places. And it will put a highlighted color background where there isn't one. So I learn to not copy and paste unless I have to.

Friday, May 3, 2013 at 5:23 PM - Response #4

I love my iPad and use it constantly, however, I find it very difficult to edit ClassCreators with it. Just not worth the effort. I use my PC to edit.

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 2:48 PM - Response #5

Additional iPad ‘concerns:’

When she goes to the Survey Maker tab, and clicks on ‘edit’ on any of the surveys, the ‘Introductory Paragraph/Instructions’ box, she is not able see all of the verbiage. Much of it appears as ‘code.’

EX:

Any ideas?

Maybe editing with an iPad is not something we should worry about?

Thursday, May 9, 2013 at 3:21 PM - Response #6

In My Humble Opinion, editing with an IPAD is something to NOT do. Very Happy

Friday, May 10, 2013 at 6:47 PM - Response #7

Thanks for everyone's input on this.
After my Admin and I tried for a couple of hours to do several tasks with her iPad, we have resigned ourselves to the fact that this amazing tool of Steve Job's vision just isn't ready to do most Admin tasks!
Perhaps, some day though! Smile

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.