ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Opera 11

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 11/13/11 04:49 PM Views: 1075 Replies: 8
Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 4:49 PM

Site issues while using latest version of Opera. Site blocks display fine in Internet Explorer 8, Firefox 8, and the latest version of Safari for Windows. Opera 11, on the other hand, is a different story.

Blocks added to main content area...or moved from right blocks to main content area appear at the bottom of the page with a big gap between the content I've added and pre-configured blocks.

Is this a coding issue, bug? Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this issue.

Currently using Opera now...also have issue with Instant Messaging function. It expands but it doesn't collapse.

Adding and removing blocks seems to cause issues with the home page, as well.

Someone should take a look at their site using Opera 11 and try adding/removing blocks to the main content area and refreshing the page to see what I'm referring to.

Edited 11/13/11 4:54 PM
Sunday, November 13, 2011 at 6:46 PM - Response #1

You've answered your own question: All the browsers work -except- Opera. Therefore Opera has a code bug. Report it using your site as an example.

Not unusual to see various browsers behave differently. They all show pages slightly different since html is driven by "opinion" a lot more than I likeCool

Opera I think has the most non-conforming code (using a comparison to other browsers) that I've run across.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 12:57 PM - Response #2

I would imagine Opera users comprise a tiny percentage of the user base for our product, so it is unlikely that we would make any changes specifically to accomodate Opera, but as we further develop ClassCreator, we can make a point of testing with Opera to see if we can identify places where changes should be made to improve the product overall and make it work in Opera as a side benefit.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 1:51 PM - Response #3

Opera just has bugs in decoding the spacing required. Here are some other sites with same issue.

http://www.ndhsreunion.org/
http://www.sphsaa.org/

You can try disabling the right side options and see what happens. I remember running into this myself, but don't remember what I did a year ago to fix. Maybe that's one of the reasons I removed the right side stuff? Also played with some other adjustments.

Maybe by rearranging the output sequence CC can fix but might have consequence for other sites.

The same thing happens with FF when the minimum font size is set to 12 or more.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 2:11 PM - Response #4

Just installed Opera 11, and I don't see spacing problems on the douglasbyrd70s.com home page, though I do see them on the sphsaa.org page and the ndhsreunion.org page.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 2:26 PM - Response #5

All 3 show the same issue. Win7-64 Opera 11.52 although prior 11.51 had same issue. If yours works, then there's a difference on your setup.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 2:42 PM - Response #6

Hmm. Default style settings for Opera 11.52, Win7...

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 3:37 PM - Response #7

Are you logged in? That makes a difference with login width as well as some other weird stuff I'm getting back to in a bit. I obviously can't log in to check.

Monday, November 14, 2011 at 3:47 PM - Response #8

When testing, I was logged into douglasbyrd70s.com, but not the others. I just checked and I DO see the spacing problem on that site when logged out.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.