ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

spacing

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 01/15/10 09:49 PM Views: 1839 Replies: 11
Friday, January 15, 2010 at 9:49 PM

hi brad, i am in the process of putting up a registration form on one of the pages. i can't get my imput to be single spacing. why is that? and how do i correct that? it was okay when i was working on other pages, but not this one. help! it is driving me nuts, especially since i am trying to make vertical columns too. thanks.......betty

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 9:57 PM - Response #1

What page?

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 10:05 PM - Response #2

Okay I blew it!

Edited 01/15/10 10:25 PM
Friday, January 15, 2010 at 10:09 PM - Response #3

the page i am working on is page 7.

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 10:20 PM - Response #4

You will never pull off what you're attempting to do. Not without a lot of html code knowledge anyway. You're trying to make a fill-out form with your underscore key and your spacebar. It won't ever look right in the end. Plus it will look different in different browsers. All things considered you've actually done a rather decent job of pulling it off that way, but you'd really have a heck of a time making that perfect.

Just curious, why not use your Survey Maker to make this form, and have people fill it out online? That way you'd have an online record of all registrants. The Survey Maker is just a form builder, it can be used for any type of form you want to create.

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 10:34 PM - Response #5

as you could see there is a lot of info going onto the resv. form; events, times, attending, cost, and total amounts. along with names addresses, etc. i can do this by creating a survey and have it have the detail i want?

i had created this form i am now trying to type on a page in microsoft works and word and placed a call today to 'rhonda' and she had moved it as a link within the page. the only thing with that was it coming from works when i typed it it was 2 pages and it split in an awkward area. so when the links were formed it looked bad. i erased those links and redid the form in microsoft works word processor and now i can't do the link. so would it be better to do what i am doing, although tedious or can you tell me how to link? plus i keep missing my "blue devil" at the top of the page!

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 11:03 PM - Response #6

Another idea is to create this form in WORD, print to PDF, then upload the PDF version of the form. Create a link that says "Download the form" and when they click on the link, the PDF pops up and they can print it and send it back.

Since at the top of the form, you say PRINT THIS FORM, the PDF version would be a lot easier to get formatted right then trying to use UNDERLINES and SPACING.

But the SURVEY MAKER can create a form like this and have all of the details that you want, but you would also have an ONLINE record of the answers to the survey.

Edited 01/15/10 11:05 PM
Friday, January 15, 2010 at 11:15 PM - Response #7

thanks brad, will try the adobe. thanks a lot......

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 11:21 PM - Response #8

You're welcome, but my name isn't Brad, although my name does have four letters.

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 11:23 PM - Response #9

duhhhhhhh ya think i should look to see who i am talking with??.......sorry about that.......long night. and, again, thanks for your help, kyle

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 11:25 PM - Response #10

It's OK, I'm just teasing you. I am not offended or anything.

Friday, January 15, 2010 at 11:26 PM - Response #11

none taken.........

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.