ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Music Widget suggestion

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 12/20/10 02:40 PM Views: 1446 Replies: 7
Monday, December 20, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Hi Brad & gang -- Merry Christmas!

Does the CC site set a session cookie to indicate a visitor to a page with a pop-up music widget, has chosen "play" or "not play"? And if they chose "not play", to suppress the pop up question every time they come back to that page (i.e. homepage for example)?

I realize that cookie blocking would break this way of tracking whether to ask more than once per visit to that particular page but we're trying Smile ?

Monday, December 20, 2010 at 2:46 PM - Response #1

I have had this same thought, but I'll give you the credit since you brought it up! I'll circulate for consideration for future development. Thanks!

Monday, December 20, 2010 at 3:17 PM - Response #2

I'll second that request.

Woody

Monday, December 20, 2010 at 4:23 PM - Response #3

Scott Mastenbrook wrote:

I have had this same thought, but I'll give you the credit since you brought it up! I'll circulate for consideration for future development. Thanks!

Thanks, I hadn't really tried the music widget until just this week.

One thing I've discovered, the widget's playlist creator doesn't work well with Chrome browser. I could only accomplish what I wanted by running IE.

Monday, December 20, 2010 at 9:12 PM - Response #4

The system already remembers your answer and won't ask you again with the popup if you revisit the page any time soon. Unless you get back to it by clicking the built-in back button on your browser, which will just load the page from your computer's memory and the popup will pop again.

Regarding Chrome: Can you tell me what doesn't work well? The MP3 player is just Flash so it should work exactly the same in all browsers. Make sure you have the latest version of Flash installed and linked with Chrome. I just tried the player in Chrome using my test site and everything works and looks fine.

Tuesday, December 21, 2010 at 4:37 AM - Response #5

Hi Brad, is the system using cookies? If so, I'm probably blocking them, hence the question comes up every time I click on Home (not use back button). Maybe a test to detect cookie blocking needs to be added?

UPDATE: I checked, and my Chrome browser shows that I have CC cookies so it is permitting them...

As for Chrome, it's not the player that's wasn't working, it's the creation of the playlist in the Widgets menu. When I tried to upload MP3's it worked but only for the 1st single MP3. When I tried to upload a group of MP3's it appeared to be uploading, then nothing appeared in the playlist, and I couldn't see any of the MP3's in the File Vault. Changing to IE fixed the problem and I was able to build a playlist (with associated uploaded MP3s.

Edited 12/21/10 5:04 AM
Tuesday, December 21, 2010 at 11:39 AM - Response #6

My apologies, when I first read this I had Gallery Creator in my mind, where we do check to see if the popup had been previously answered. We'll need to apply this same rationale to the MP3 plugin that can be embedded on any page. We'll also check out the cited issue with only 1 MP3 uploading in Google Chrome.

Monday, February 21, 2011 at 10:18 AM - Response #7

The programmer closed this issue - the "popup issue was covered in another task"

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.