ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Venmo/Cash/Credit Card

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 05/27/24 01:17 AM Views: 229 Replies: 2
Monday, May 27, 2024 at 1:17 AM

I want to be able to offer to my reunion attendees the ability to pay by credit card, check, or Venmo. However, under the Payment Preferences, I'm only given a "pay by credit card" and "pay by check" option.
This creates two problems:
1) If an attendee pays by credit card, I want them to pickup the additional cost for the service charge so I have to charge a higher price for this item. However, that means I can't have them also use the PAY BY CHECK option because the PAY BY CHECK amount should only be the regular rate with no service charge. That means I have to set up 2 activities such as "Class Reunion - Pay by Credit Card" and another activity "Class Reunion - pay by check" - it seems there should be a way to charge a different amount by a different payment method rather than having to create 2 activities.
2) The second problem is Venmo (or any other payment method). The system only lets me set up a credit card payment and a check payment which I've now used up for my two activities. How do I set up a payment method for Venmo that instructs the attendee where to send the Venmo payment to?

Wednesday, June 5, 2024 at 9:47 AM - Response #1

You can note in your event information section for users who wish to pay using other methods to choose paying by check and list the payment options and payment addresses.

Under Event Planner > Payment Preferences > Check Payable field you can add

Payable to: name or venmo to venmo address.

The payable to field is on receipts that have selected checks so the detail will be there as well.

Jessica
Class Creator Support

Wednesday, July 10, 2024 at 2:48 PM - Response #2

I have had the same concern as it makes it more confusing for people. I put the info in the Event description as the support person suggested, but people don't always read the directions thoroughly. It has made a lot more work for me. I think Class Creator should at least provide a checkbox for a Venmo/Paypal option upon checkout.

Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.