ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Way to stop spam from 'Contact Us'?

Forums: Suggestions and Feedback
Created on: 03/06/10 01:39 PM Views: 1348 Replies: 2
Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Haven't been here in awhile since we're between reunions. However, even though our 25th was a couple years ago and we will soon start on our 30th, the website still gets some activity.

Anyway, over the last few weeks, I have been getting a lot of spam emails using the 'contact us' tab on the home page.

I know one solution is to disable it on the homepage that people who have not joined or are not logged in cannot see it, but that disallows legit classmates having difficulty signing up from contacting me.

Is there any way around this? Is this happening to others? Any solution suggestions?

PS - I see there are many new features. Will have to thoroughly explore before we start planning our next reunion!

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 2:16 PM - Response #1

Forward me any spam you receive from the Contact Us form. Once we see it we can usually stop it. When we do spammers will often rework their email to try to get it through again. Our spam protection on that form is pretty high as it is, but as you've noted it doesn't stop everything. It's important we keep it reasonable enough that real email gets to its destination too of course.

Combine any publicly submittable form with never ending spam attempts and what you get is a continual game of cat and mouse. Forward me any spam and we'll do what we can.

Saturday, March 6, 2010 at 2:25 PM - Response #2

Sent you a message... thanks, Brad. I have received several and deleted them, but will forward any I receive in the future.

Edited 03/06/10 2:26 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.