ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Subscription Options  

Can classmates add Survey answer choices?

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 10/05/21 04:09 PM Views: 254 Replies: 2
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 4:09 PM

We want to survey our classmates about their ideas for our 50th Reunion (just had our 45th). I have drafted a checkbox-style survey, which allows multiple answers to be selected. We have a good starting list, but ideally our classmates would be able to add more places as choices to our list. Is this possible in any of the question types, or can only admins add answer choices to our survey questions?
Thanks.

Edited 10/05/21 4:21 PM
Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 7:53 PM - Response #1

I believe only admins can add questions, but you can add a question allowing classmates to submit a comment. Our last question was, "Please add any additional comments, questions, or ideas." Classmates typed their thoughts in the box below the question.

Tuesday, October 5, 2021 at 9:00 PM - Response #2

Asking classmates to suggest more ideas in a Comment could work, and then we would update the Survey to expand our list of answer choices so that other classmates could vote on the new ideas as well as the original list. We envision this survey sticking around for a few years, so it probably would be okay to have repeated updates to the lists of possible answers to choose from.

So if we ask: "Where should the 50th Reunion be held? Choose one or more places, and suggest more in Comments" with Answers: A,B,C,D,E,F plus Comments
We would later update/expand the list of Answers to be: A,B,C,D,E,F,H,I,J etc. plus Comments (for more ideas).

Edited 10/05/21 9:00 PM
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.