ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

Prepare Snail Mail Letters in Website?

Forums: Questions and Answers About Building Your Site
Created on: 08/02/10 05:05 PM Views: 1921 Replies: 4
Monday, August 2, 2010 at 5:05 PM

Is there a way to write letters in ClassCreator to address to classmates that we have no email address yet? I thought I recalled something about capability for that, or maybe I just imagined it. Smile

Monday, August 2, 2010 at 6:14 PM - Response #1

The feature you want isn't available; but there is an easy work-around.

On another post yesterday, I suggested creating your email contents using a "Survey" page. Then copying and pasting it into your "Email the Class" function after you've tweaked and proofed it. This leaves you with the 'final draft' stored in your inactive Survey files.

I tested and found today that you can simply copy all of your contents from the "survey" eNews and paste it into a Word document. The type, graphics and even the links transfer fine. (Of course when it arrives by snail mail, the links won't work!) Crying or Very sad

The Word document can then be printed and mailed.

You can view a sample of part of the enews as it appears in Word: CLICK HERE Clicking will view the screen shot; use your browser's back button to return to this thread.

If you know how to mail-merge in Word, you could create personalization once you have the word document, linking it to a downloaded CSV file of classmates sorted without email addresses.

The techniques will be demonstrated in Chicago at the first Class Creator Convention. Rolling Eyes

JohnIdea

Edited 08/02/10 6:20 PM
Friday, October 29, 2010 at 4:06 PM - Response #2

Updating my work-around. Since "Email the Class" emails are now saved, you don't need to use a Survey page or a customizable page to 'store' your copy.

Once you've sent out the email version, you can just open up the copy, copy the contents and paste it into a Word document.

Or if you don't want to send it as an email, just save a copy and use that saved copy to create the Word document.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 9:32 AM - Response #3

This feature would be extremely helpful - especially for older folks who never got into computers. It's hard to believe, but many people do not use email.

Thursday, December 17, 2015 at 10:23 AM - Response #4

You can go to Manage Classmates >download class list and select only names and addresses from the export options. If you download to an excel spreadsheet. This will give you all the addresses in one location.

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.