ClassCreator.com | Blockbuster sites, amazing reunions

Share Tips

New Topic Reply Subscription Options  

ClassCreator motivated the writing of a novel.

Forums: General Discussion
Created on: 06/17/11 02:28 PM Views: 1441 Replies: 8
Friday, June 17, 2011 at 2:28 PM

A classmate recently published a book entitled Out of the Zone - about a 50th High School Reunion. In the "Acknowledgments" he writes: "In November, 2009, the 1961 reunion committee purchased a website program from Class Creator, a company that specializes in providing such a service for organizations like ours. The program permitted members of our class to share personal information, to contribute favorite memories about school life, and to chat about recollections of Oak Park-River Forest High School and the village we called home. I read profiles as they were posted on the site, and the information not only provided interesting insights about former classmates, but also motivated me to write this novella."

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 4:02 PM - Response #1

Good for you !!! I would LOVE to see (purchase)a copy of it.

Lucillemarie@cox.net
www.rockyriver59.com

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 5:13 PM - Response #2

The author is Bill Lamperes. The book, Out of the Zone, can be purchased at Amazon.com.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 6:00 PM - Response #3

That is great! Thank you for sharing this. here is a direct link to the book on Amazon.

Friday, June 17, 2011 at 6:15 PM - Response #4

What a nice endorsement for both your website and Class Creator. Congratulations! It's nice to know all the work is appreciated. Smile

Janie

Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 12:26 AM - Response #5

Maybe it was how "Cool" the Reunion Announcement was, Nancy, that prompted the book??? Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes

I'm a buyer.Wink

Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 2:59 AM - Response #6

Thanks for sharing, Nancy! I'd love to write something to my classmates about this. Maybe they'd get the idea! It doesn't hurt that our school is in McHenry, IL. Wink

Thanks, again!

Saturday, June 18, 2011 at 12:11 PM - Response #7

Congratulations to you and your group and the author, for taking inspiration from a real product to print. A lot of fiction novels has a grain of truth in them but classified as fiction, it can be very interesting. I leafed through the book online and what a powerful disclaimer ! I'll order the book.
Thanks for sharing. And kudos to your group for sharing ( or at least in part their profiles) for us to share.

Tuesday, June 21, 2011 at 11:22 PM - Response #8

I posted it on my home page! Gonna get one for me! M:O)

New Topic Reply  
Subscription Options: Have all new forum posts sent directly to your email.
Subscription options are available after you log in.